CROWN PRINCESS 9/03- I only drink water, should I bring my own?

lildantat

I am the weirdest person in the world because I only drink water. Can anyone suggest I bring bottled water with me on my Crown Princess Cruise?

Also, what about taking food off the ship when you go on your excursions and off the boat? Should I bring a tupperware container with me? =)

( I am new to this thread thing, so I hope I didn't start something I should have?)

The ship's water is very good. Mostly it is distilled from sea water and then further purified. Tap water in your cabin and water from the pitcher at dinner is great.

However, if you like bottled water it is widely available. Probably your steward will leave a bottle in your cabin and charge it to you if you use it. Usually there is someone selling ice cold bottled water anytime you go ashore. So I certainly would not recommend taking your own water unless you absolutely have to have one particular brand. Look out for the new rule -- no liquids in carryons!

Have a GREAT cruise!

I sailed on the 7/29 voyage & I must say the drinking water was great.

I too drink mostly bottled water , I was very surprised how good the water is. No aftertaste at all. Between the water & iced tea I see no reason to buy the soda card. ( unless you must have it )

Have a GREAT Vaca as she is a BEAUTIFUL ship !!!

I've seen people slab a luggage tag onto a case of bottled water and have it delivered along with their suitcases to their room. I've seen this done quite a number of times over the years.

But the water on the ship is definitely good enough to drink. I usually take a small bottled water on board and refill it in the Horizon Court before disembarking at each port of call.

Some ports will have notices saying no food allowed off the ship. Remember not to take any food off the ship once you go through US customs. There is a heavy fine if US customs officials find food (especially fruits) in your bag.

The OP is from Brooklyn and is cruising from Brooklyn.

In light of recent developments, you cannot take water on a plane, unless checked, and I would not be surprised if soon you can only have water supplied by Princess--nothing from ports even brought aboard.

Hi....welcome to CC!

Have you joined our Roll Call? There are lots of CC members on this cruise.

Here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=202846&page=54

We're not bringing water, well, perhaps a bottle each at embarkation. We'll use the ship's or purchase at ports.

We liked to sample the local cuisine, so we leave the ship's food on the ship. Many excursions offer lunch, etc. We don't like schlepping lots of things to the ship or in ports. ;)

Karen

Baltimore

I am the weirdest person in the world because I only drink water. Can anyone suggest I bring bottled water with me on my Crown Princess Cruise?

Also, what about taking food off the ship when you go on your excursions and off the boat? Should I bring a tupperware container with me? =)

( I am new to this thread thing, so I hope I didn't start something I should have?)

I am with you.

In the past, I found that ship's H2O is very good. It is distilled and purified and it tastes very good.

I got a plastic bottle from Wal-Mart (holds 32oz) that I usually fill with ice and water and I dring 3-4 of those every day. ==> I bring an empty drinking container.

Also: If anyone in your party likes coffee or tea, bring with you a nice coffee mug. Mug that they use on ships hold 1.5237 swallows of coffee :) and then you need a refill.

To answer your question: I would not bother with bringing bottled H2O on board.

About food... I think that security will not allow you to carry food off the ship ==> I would not bother with tupperware containers. Usually there is such an abundance of available food that you will not go hungry....

We'll be bringing a case of bottled water along on our 8/25 cruise -- admittedly, this is new for us as we'll be driving to the port. I'm looking forward to keeping several bottles in our frig for when we feel thirsty in the cabin. We're also bringing a 12 pack of sode for our daughter who is soda drinker.

Water only for me also, and I've found the shipboard water on both Princess and Carnival to be fine. I won't purchase the bottled onboard... just too expensive when the free stuff is just as good and most likely just as pure. Probably a lot more so than the well water we have here at home!:)

Our sailing on the Sapphire had a long list of food which was not to be taken off ship. Not necessarily a cost thing only, as agricultural restrictions are a consideration.

The ships water is very good.

we bring Brita individual water bottles, one for each family member keep them in the fridge, fill them daily with ice and water for excursions and use throughout the day

We only use them for cruises because we drink bottled water at home. so the 30 day filters last several years

Paul

If you really do like to drink a lot of water, carry it around with you on the cruise. I have run into problems especially with Princess with the waiters not being too thrilled about bringing you water. It just seems "to be forgotten" especially in the theater areas especially if you just want water and not a bottle of water. The automatic 15% tip must not be as big for water as with any other beverage.

I was so thirsty on the last cruise frequently because I just couldn't seem to find water when I needed it. Or they bring you the little 4-6 oz glasses which doesn't really quench your thirst. I am willing to add a tip gladly for a larger glass of water. Sometimes, you want ice not just the bottle. On some cruises, I try to befriend one of the regular servers in the theater venues or other regularly visited areas and will tip them as I go and they will bring me water.

I am going on Crown in December and will be sure to take a glass or bottle out of my room each time I go. I have learned my lesson.

I always put something about it on the comment cards but it never seems to change. I have been on many cruises and Princess and Holland lines seem to be the worst about this. RCI and Disney were the nicest about the water and always willing to give you water for free without any problem.

The ships water is very good.

we bring Brita individual water bottles, one for each family member keep them in the fridge, fill them daily with ice and water for excursions and use throughout the day

We only use them for cruises because we drink bottled water at home. so the 30 day filters last several years

Paul

Can you give more info about the individual Brita bottles? I was thinking of taking a case on my next cruise, but between 2 people we would finish that in about 3 days. Ship water is not tasty to me. I spent a small fortune on water on my last cruise.

My hubby has a problem with the ship's water (some people are allergic) and even now avoids the coffee or any drink with ice. So he brings on a couple of the gallon water containers. I also bring on vitamin water and the flavored water my girl likes (Target and Walmart brands). We haven't had a problem, just put it all in a large plastic crate and slap on the cabin tag.

the cabin will have available a bottle of water---for a charge. i request that room service provide me with 1 pitcher of iced water every day. if i wish to pour it into a smaller container i can. if i wish to make lemonade, etc. i can. there is always (generally) anything you wish --- for a price. i wouldn't bring extra water on board --- altho some do---but i do plan on bringing a 12 pack of pepsi (princess only has cokes available in the cola variety of soft drinks---not my preference. have a wonderful cruise and welcome to c.c.

Hi,

I also drink alot of water, and happen to like only poland spring, last year when I sailed on RC VOS from NJ, I carried my own water(in my lugage and checked it). It worked out really well, I had water for the entire cruise, I used the ice from the ship and filled my refridge with the bottles. I had no problems at all.

Terry

Archived