Review: MAJAHAUL (the little fishing village) "OnOurOwn"

OCruisers

I had one funny vendor say...Hey Lady let me sell you some of my Junk!

I got the best prices in Mahahual of anywhere that we went...

It was way cheaper there than at the port and way cheaper than Cozumel ever was in the last five years that I have been there!...

It is fun to take $50 dollars here and see how much you can get for your money!

The only regret I had here was that I didn't go with David and Ivan's Tour with my friends!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I will be looking for your review...

I am in charge of such a large group of friends(21 of us) and not having any knowledge of Costa Maya is stressing me out!... I have been to Cozumel 6 times! I totally had the day all planned to perfection...I knew where to go and what to do and how to get it done for the best possible price....IN Costa Maya I want to be prepared... based of All of everyone else's experience...You all have to be my eyes...Thank you so much everyone for eveything you post!....It does make a difference!

Wisdom is learning from other people's mistakes...and not repeating them!!!

Thanks Amy

Amy,

I am with you 100% on this. I just found out last night that we will be going to Costa Maya instead of Cozumel. I am so upset about this since I had everything planned out in Cozumel. I myself am in charge of a large group *(15). I checked out the Hotel that you mentioned earlier. It sounds awesome. Have you heard back from them? I've heard about Majahual but from the pctures and what I have read about it, I'm not so sure that everyone in our group is going to love it. I'm not sure if you already sailed to Costa Maya, but if you had, I'd love for you to share any tips you may have. How is the swim up bar at the port? My group ranges from ages 27-30..if that helps at all.

Our group has been to a beach getaway at Maya Palms and we had a blast. Cost $32 included private beach, pool, kayaks, buffet, Drinks ala cart. Very private place, beautiful gardens and grounds. 20 minutes from village. Large private beach. Snorkeling in front of resort, better than our stop in Cayman. Food was Mexican fare and delicious, drinks where strong. Very nice people. I found them at www.mayapalms.com We will be back to this place.:)

Do you have any pictures from your day here? I'd love to see more pictures of the beach.

Amy,

I am with you 100% on this. I just found out last night that we will be going to Costa Maya instead of Cozumel. I am so upset about this since I had everything planned out in Cozumel. I myself am in charge of a large group *(15). I checked out the Hotel that you mentioned earlier. It sounds awesome. Have you heard back from them? I've heard about Majahual but from the pctures and what I have read about it, I'm not so sure that everyone in our group is going to love it. I'm not sure if you already sailed to Costa Maya, but if you had, I'd love for you to share any tips you may have. How is the swim up bar at the port? My group ranges from ages 27-30..if that helps at all.

Hello....

We have sailed and are back...

We loved costa maya...

The swim up bar is pretty to look at and for pictures but I wouldn't spend my whole day there. The shops are fun but very expensive at the Costa MAya Port...

We went to Mahahual Village for around $3 a person (bus from port) there and $2 a person(taxi... back). The shopping here was so much better priced. I saved over a $100 at least...when you compared what I bought there for $40 to what it would have cost me back at the port.

Some of our group hung out in Mahahual at the beach at a beach bar restaurant called Pez Quadros....& most of the group went on a Mayan tour to the Ruins from here with David and Ivan. They met at little bar owned by a Canadian called the Cat's Meow at around 9 am. After the ruins they took them to a pineapple farm and had fresh cut pineapple...They loved it! After 3 days at beaches, the jungle was a nice change for those who went. There is a really good long thread about that tour here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=230956

They then came back to the beach and shopped there too in Mahahual before they headed back to the Port Costa Maya...to get back on the ship.

Hope this helps!

Have fun!

Any other questions feel free to email me at cruisephotos@gmail.com

Archived