what is the time deal in belize?

charyoung

We are supposed to meet our guide at the cock and bull at 10;30am his time. What time will it be on our watch? 9:30? We are supposed to be bak on ship at 5:30. What time would that be in belize?

My family (husband and kids) did the Wet & Wild Cave Tubing. My friend and I (her hubby and kids also did the cave tubing) wanted to do a snorkling trip. We walked down the street to catch the water taxi and just missed it. So we ended up doing a city/country tour with two other women and a tour guide. He charged us $20 a piece. He also took us downtown to do a little shopping.

I must say, once we left the compound and started walking on our own down the street, we didn't feel very safe....kind of stuck out. I don't think I would venture out on my own there.

Belize is one hour BEHIND ship time. Therefore, if you're meeting your guide at 10:30 Belize Time, it will be 11:30 ship time. It has to do with Belize not following Daylight Savings Time. When the US is on DST, then Belize is equivalent to Mountain Time. When the US is on Standard Time, then Belize is equivalent to Central Time.

Got it? It WILL be on the final exam! On my ship, the announcements and our daily newsletter reiterated this info. You'll be fine!

Archived