POH Evening Sail by Mount Kilauea

Katesowner

I was on the POA in March and we went by around 10pm. The captain did a great job of announcing when we were going by and it was also in the freestyle daily so you really cant miss it. The ship does a 360 turn so you can see if from either side. If you have a balcony, Id stay there and watch. Less crowded than the deck. If not either side of the pool deck is fine. Id get a spot early, not sure how crowed it will be.

When you go by the Napali Coast though, you will want to be on the port side.

I was on the POA in March and we went by around 10pm. The captain did a great job of announcing when we were going by and it was also in the freestyle daily so you really cant miss it. The ship does a 360 turn so you can see if from either side. If you have a balcony, Id stay there and watch. Less crowded than the deck. If not either side of the pool deck is fine. Id get a spot early, not sure how crowed it will be.

When you go by the Napali Coast though, you will want to be on the port side.

That is what I thought. Our room is on the starboard side. We figure on viewing Naoli Coast and the Volcano lava flow from either Le Bistro or Cagney's while eating dinner. This way we won't even care if the service is slow. Just wondering though which restaurant is better for viewing this?

I'm sorry, I just noticed you were on POA, we will be on POH. If you know about that ship and can tell us we'd appreciate it.

We were in a fwd balcony, and one thing neat about the lava flow, is that we could see it as we were heading there, even before the annoucements. Sure they were just tiny dots of orange, but it was pretty cool to watch them get bigger.

For the Napali coast, it was raining pretty hard, we were watching some from Spinnakers, but we couldn't take pictures though the window. It was worth being outside in the rain to see the rainbows. :)

As far as restaurants, you can try to get a window table, but with the lava being after 9pm (I think the daily listed it at 9:30-45pm, but we could see things earlier) and Napali coast at 5:45 (and when we looked at 6pm we had already passed a bit) I wouldn't do them from a restaurant. Neither of them were very long stops.

Archived