NCL Jewel Oct Europe shore stuff

gillusa

anyone have any ainfo on the shore excursions from NCL>new cruiser?/so hard to pick good ones>.also cost is high>and don't want to be stuck on a bus all day?? read most of the reviews but so much just general ship stuff and not about NCL actual trips. thanks

Jill

NCL Jewel 10/09

anyone have any ainfo on the shore excursions from NCL>new cruiser?/so hard to pick good ones>.also cost is high>and don't want to be stuck on a bus all day?? read most of the reviews but so much just general ship stuff and not about NCL actual trips. thanks

Jill

NCL Jewel 10/09

Just a couple of thoughts for you since I see that you are fairly new here. It would help us all if you could use punctuation instead of the special characters. Many of us are here to help for long periods of time reading many posts so our eyes get sore. Your post makes it tough to read.

That said, let me see if I can help regarding your question. We just got off the Jewel last Sunday and mainly booked private tours. We did however use NCL for a trip to Pisa and Livorno by Boat. We enjoyed the trip to Pisa but could have used much more time there. We felt rushed but still got to see the Leaning Tower. We also did Livorno by Boat and it was terrible. Not worth the money and should not be offered at all. The boat was filthy, the group never left the industrial port area and the canal that was used was so smelly. Definitely not good. There wasn't anything to see to even make a tour. However, in all my cruising this was the first time we were ever disappointed in a NCL tour.

I would also suggest that you go to the Europe boards as there will be a ton of info there both on private tours and NCL tours.

Archived