Info Re: Jewel Penthouse Villas

Alaska Boo

I am thinking of booking one of the Penthouse/Courtyard Villas aboard the new Pearl. I assume they will be almost identical to those aboard the Jewel. I have a few questions that I hope someone who has been in one of these suites can answer:

1. Is the balcony big enough for three people to relax and spend time there?

2. Is the second "children's bedroom" big enough for a single adult?

3. Is there some website where I can find a floor plan for these suites?

4. I am concerned that the "private courtyard" might be filled with small children, since these suites with the extra "children's bedroom" might be attractive to families.

5. Was there one butler assigned to your suite, or was it a rotating shift kind of thing?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I would really appreciate any information you might have about these suites.

Thanks,

Vanessa

1. Is the balcony big enough for three people to relax and spend time there?

I should be - not huge with only two lounge chairs but bringing a third chair from the cabin will be fine.

2. Is the second "children's bedroom" big enough for a single adult?

Absolutely - they get their own bathroom (non luxury). The only issue is they may need to share some of the master closet space.

3. Is there some website where I can find a floor plan for these suites?

The layout is the same as an AB. This will provide lots of details

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

The floor plan

16_s2.gif

4. I am concerned that the "private courtyard" might be filled with small children, since these suites with the extra "children's bedroom" might be attractive to families.

Can't help you here but no reports of any issues - the area is not really kid friendly.

wwwnorjewel262.jpg

5. Was there one butler assigned to your suite, or was it a rotating shift kind of thing?

Normally a primary butler assigned. You may see a second butler as they balance work load.

thanks shoreguy ---

i am in a similar rm next April on the Pearl...can't wait!!

BTW, you don't know where the rooms "connect" do you? we have an AB Penthouse with a connecting JR Suite.

It shows it connects through the living rm. Was yours connecting?

I love reading your posts...You are so knowledgeable!

Lauren

Wow. That was a pretty impressive response, Shoreguy. That really helps. We looked at the photos. The room would be perfect for us, but I think the balcony is a bit too small. So we looked at the owner's suite, but they are booked for the Pearl already. I don't suppose you have any info on those lovely large owner's suites on the Sun? We are looking at that option, as they have great big balconies. But we are wondering if it would be terribly windy on the front of the boat balcony? anyone know?

Vanessa

Archived