Tortola/Spirit/tour question

sadiwest

When you book a tour through NCL, do they gather the tour participants together to disembark as a group..?...especially if it's a tender port (IS Tortola a tender port? I've heard conflicting things)?

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge about the "Best of Tortola" tour? DH is legally disabled...he can walk but not for long distances/times. I thought this tour would work well for us since it's a 'little of everything' and is appropriate for those with disabilities.

Still...I'd like to hear from anyone who may have experience with it.

Thanks in advance!

Sandi

When you book a tour through NCL, do they gather the tour participants together to disembark as a group..?...especially if it's a tender port (IS Tortola a tender port? I've heard conflicting things)?

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge about the "Best of Tortola" tour? DH is legally disabled...he can walk but not for long distances/times. I thought this tour would work well for us since it's a 'little of everything' and is appropriate for those with disabilities.

Thanks in advance!

Sandi

THERE IS NOTHING REALLY TO SEE ON TORTOLA UNLESS YOU GO TO BVG BATHS BUT IF YOUR DH CANT WALK SO I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT.JUST GO AROUND IN PORT AND INJOY EMPTY SHIP:D

Thanks in advance!

Sandi

Hi Sandi,

We've been to Tortola 2x on 2 different ships. The first time on the DAWN we tendered and this past June we docked on the SPIRIT.

When we tendered we were given numbered tender tickets that were for each tour, then tender tickets were given out for everyone else.

If you are docked on the SPIRIT as we were in JUNE, you'll go off and there will be large txi/tours waiting for you ..NCL staff will be holding signs with each tours name on it...

If NCL has labelled it appropraite for people w/ disabilities It should be a relaxing tour..Have a great trip

Thanks in advance!

Sandi

Take a "highlights" or "best of" tours. They are ususally about 2 1/2 - 3 hours long and usually stop at "Cane Garden Bay Beach". Absolutely beautiful!!!!

You will be missing one of the most beautiful beaches if you chose to stay on

the ship. There is a very short walk to the beach. enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tortola Can be a Tender Port...

Check and then Double Check With NCL...

In November 2005 - Spirit - Was supposed to be a Docked Port...

It turned out to be a Tender Port...

It turned out to be ...well, Not Good.........

cantwaitt isn't just plain wrong... in cantwaitt's case most likely it was not a tender port, we docked on my SPIRIT cruise as well. Things change sometimes on the same cruise itinerary for various reasons..that doesn't make anyone wrong...that only makes their experience different

Archived