Fantasy formal night dress

heymom32000

Here is the dress I just won on ebay for our cruise. I tried to download the picture but it keeps giving me error messages about the size. So had to send links instead.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/heymom32000/blueformal.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/heymom32000/blueformalback.jpg

I have a beautiful gold/crystal necklace that I thought about wearing with it. What do you all think? Also need to find some shoes. So shoe suggestions would be great as well. If I pass on the necklace I could get some black shoes with a bit of silver on them that I saw at the store last week. If I wear the necklace then those would not work. The necklace is the one I wore last year on our inspiration cruise. Not sure if you can see it well enough in my avatar or not.

Thanks for the help

Your dress is very pretty! I think (if I could still wear something like that!) I'd either do a great dangly pair of earrings, no necklace, or a short length necklace, maybe a choker and small earrings. A dress with a lot of detail around the face/neck does not need much more attention brought to it.

Why not wait, until you get the dress and see how your necklace looks, before you make any more choices about it?

It's easy to link a pic from Ebay (or anywhere) to here without downloading. Just right click on the address bar of the Ebay page w/pic, select copy, then paste into the message box here. I'd love to see a larger photo of your dress!

very pretty and if you found yourself a silvertone crystal necklace you could wear those shoes and look great.

I know on the Carnival Miracle I bought a silvertone Briolette "Y" necklace that was very pretty-later on I replaced it with a sterling siver and CZ necklace that was platiumn plated that I got on sale at Dilliards for under $30!!!! and that necklace had been like $120 originally. One of Meg's friends wanted the crystal one-so I gave it to her.

Your dress is gorgeous - love the back! The link says "blue formal"? If it is black, I would go with drop earrings or perhaps large black pearl earrings and skip the necklace. It appears to have quite a detailed neckline so a necklace may be overkill. Silver heels would look fab! Have a great cruise!

Very cute dress..love it. I think black strappy heels would be great. Dont think you even need a necklace as it appears to be sparkly on top. I nice pair of earrings and bracelet would look great. I would choose jet black crystal earrings and bracelet if the dress is black as it appears in photo but some say its blue. Anway its very pretty and what fun to wear!

That is a great dress!

I agree with those who say to not wear a necklace - the bodice appears to be quite detailed, and I think a necklace would either get lost, or would detract from the dress.

I suggest chandelier earrings - silver if you get the black/silver shoes. I personally don't like gold, but that would look nice as well.

I would skip a necklace with this dress and wear long earrings and a bracelet.

If the dress is black, then black strappy sandals would look pretty, but if it's blue then a dark pewter sandal would look pretty.

Have a great cruise!

I agaree with the others, with this neckline a necklace is not necessary and might look like too much. Dangly, sparkly earrings, a great bracelet and strappy shoes, either black, with sparkles would be great, or silver/pewter if it's navy.

OMG! That dress is awesome! No necklace. Earrings & a wide, cuffy bracelet. Or, since the neckline of the dress is suggestive of an Egyptian collar, & if you have good arms, how about an arm cuff on your bicep? Would be great with that back lace-up. Black shoes.

Is your hair long? Make sure your back can be SEEN. Maybe wear your hair up that night. You are gonna turn heads in that!

The dress is a really dark blue with a hint of purplish hue if the light hits it just right.

I was thinking the same thing about the necklace...with so much detail maybe a necklace would not work. I actually have the dress here. I paid for it on Monday and got it today. It fits perfectly so I won't have to have any alterations done. I tried it on with the necklace and asked dh. He wasn't much help *grin* So I came to you all. I'll see if I can find some pewter shoes and dangle earrings. I'll check on a bracelet as well. My arms are in pretty good shape and getting better every day since I started coaching gymnastics. Never realized how much work the coaches really do. LOL

My hair is not as long as it was this time last year because I donated 12 inches to locks of love. It is just past my shoulders now. I plan on getting another perm and a trim. I'm hoping it won't be too long and cover the back of the dress. If it does I'll have to put it up. The back was one thing that drew me to it.

Thanks for all your advice! Once I get the shoes, jewelry, and hair done I'll post a picture of me in it. :)

Archived