MBNA Compass Reward Certificate Problem

snake114

Two weeks back I sent in 2 of the $500 certificates to the Miami Po BOx iindicated on the back to apply towards the final payment of my Spirit cruise 11/30. Booked directly with NCL, so did not have a TA to give them to. Unfortunately, I did not send them certified, which in restrospect I should have....

Anyway, two weeks later I have not received any email confirmation from NCL that they have received them and applied them to my account. In the past, I have sent them this way no problem, and received an email within a week or so confirming the receipt. My NCL cruise consultant checked also, and no record.

Any suggestions on how long to wait before worrying? What have been your experiences in how fast they were applied to your account? Anyone ever had to have one replaced? If so, was it difficult, and how did you go about it?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Bruce

I'm not sure if this qualifies as "advice" or not.

I sent my two certificates to the TA in Florida using certified mail with return receipt. I was able to track it using the USPS web site, but the only tracking point that ever appeared was when it was received at my local post office. I never got the return receipt. When the local post office called the Florida post office, they had no record of ever receiving it there. Someone at the TA was supposed to email me when they received it at her office. Nothing from them, either. After two weeks, I wasn't sure where to turn. So I emailed my TA, and, lo and behold, she replied that the certificates had been received and already mailed to NCL for processing. I still don't understand any of it.

Along the way, I did call MBNA and they said they would "stop payment" on the original certificates and issue new ones if I wanted them to. I guess that's the closest thing to "advice" I can give you. Good luck.

The address that I was advised to use has worked for me

Norwegian Cruise Line

Attention Accounting Department

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, Florida 33126

Without attention accounting department they can bounce around in Miami. Someone in the mail-room has to open them and decide where it should go. They have always been posted in a week to 10 days. Time to start to worry but they could be moving slowly thru the intra company mail.

We had the same problem with the USPS and the tracking. After two weeks I had called NCL accounting to verify they were posted as we had not been notified. NCl received the certificates in three days and posted them in about a week. It was two weeks later when USPS notified me that they had been delivered a month prior. I will use FedEx or UPS next time.

Archived