Canada/New England 2007

I am having trouble finding a cruise to Canada/New England in Sept. or Oct. 2007. I first chose Norwegian Dawn and then RCCL Jewel of the Seas but now I see that neither are going. We were planning to leave from Boston or New York as we had never visited these two cities. We would like a fun ship (but not Carnival this time), sorta new and large. Can you help?

Look at Celebrity's Constellation. We are going in October for the second time in 3 years and you would love the ship. At that time of year, the age of passengers is older, but we never experienced drunk passengers and the crew is wonderful.

I am having trouble finding a cruise to Canada/New England in Sept. or Oct. 2007. I first chose Norwegian Dawn and then RCCL Jewel of the Seas but now I see that neither are going. We were planning to leave from Boston or New York as we had never visited these two cities. We would like a fun ship (but not Carnival this time), sorta new and large. Can you help?

Both Ncl and Princess have cruises at this time. Ncl/12 nite/ Oct. 14, 2007 and Princess, 10/nite/ Oct 8, 2007. My SIL and I are going to book one of these. NCL is attractive because it leaves & returns to NY, you get 12 nites for much less that Princess with 10 nites. I will say that NCL is not Princess and I only need 9 days to become elite with them, but a cruise (with good weather) can be great on most Lines. I did NCL last year to Hawaii.

• 1 month later...

Hi Myra,

I see you've already booked on Norwegian Spririt. Have a wonderful cruise!

For others who may be interested, I just thought I'd piggy-back some info onto your thread. :o

Queen Mary 2 has a pretty nice itinerary in September 2007. It's round trip from NYC with 2 days sailing the Atlantic and one day crossing the St. Lawrence River.

Ports of call:

Newport, RI

Boston, MA

Bar Harbor, ME

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Quebec City

Hi -We're booked for the Spirit Canada/New England October 14 - 20!
My DD and I are booked for that week on Spirit too!! We have a thread going under Roll Calls, NCL, Spirit. Come join us!

Myra said

We're staying in Manhattan so that should be fun.
What hotel are you staying in? We are still trying to find a "cheap 4-star hotel in Midtown Manhattan". LOL! No, we have given up on cheap AND 4-star. :o Looking for a deal though. Anyone?

Vada

At the present time I have 2 hotels reserved. We don't know if we will be 4 people or 6 people traveling and wanted to stay all together so............

Holiday Inn Express -- Chelsea Area, 232 West 29th street for 4 people the rate is $209/night which brings it to about $260 with all the taxes.

Best Western Hospitality House, 145 E 49th Street for 6 people the rate with taxes is $375/night.

Both of these received pretty good ratings thru tripadvisor. We will have to cancel one of them when the other couple makes a final decision.

Thanks Myra! We are booked at 2 hotels at this time also. The Herald Square Hotel is $217 per day for 2 beds, or $265 for a refurbished room. The Grand Hyatt NY is $304 a night. These prices include taxes. Surprisingly, it looks like Herald Square gets better feedback than the Grand Hyatt! We are still leaning towards the GH though.

Also, both hotels are Midtown Manhattan. Again the Herald Sq. seems to be in a more convenient area. But again, what do I know? I've never been there! We are really excited about spending a couple nights in "The City". :cool:

Vada

Archived