Best sunset views on QM2 westbound TA?

Marie213

I would love to know if it is possible to see the sunset from a hull balcony on a westbound transatlantic trip in July? Do you think a port or starboard balcony would give us a better view of sunsets? Also, from where else on the ship have you enjoyed the sunsets? Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing some beautiful sunsets next summer!

Maybe I am making this too simple, but wouldn't the best sunset views on a Westbound cruise be at the front of the ship?

Not necessarily that far north! Depends on the time of year and the ship's position, I would think.

Karie,

Who has seen some marvelous sunsets right here at home that were not necessarily directly to the west.

Yes, HeelMD, it is logical that the best sunset would be towards the west. I guess you could say that I'm directionally challenged and get turned around easily. I won't forget that heading towards the front of the ship is a good place to go for the sunset! The spaces up front, indoor and out, should be good viewing.

On a map, it looks like the route is slightly southwestern. So that might mean that a starboard view of the sunset might be possible...

Karie, I, too have seen other sunsets that seem to affect the whole sky, especially at sea. Just beautiful!!

Archived