Commodore Warwick

travel-to-go

Hey, guys, how did we miss this one?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1729

News of Doug's audience with the eminent Commodre Ron Warwick! Wel, oay, they did seem to talk more about the Dommodore than Doug <G>

It says in the news article that the Commodore will continue to be involved with the line-

We haven't see the last of him yet" was the quote!

He will return, and will be present for the unveiling later this year of the statue of Samuel Cunard in Halifx, Nova Scotia.

Karie,

Who sincerely hopes itwill be unveiled around Spetmebt 4th or so! <G>

Erm, well, my audience with the good Commodore lasted approximately 30 seconds! I shook his hand, told him what an honor it was to meet him, and then moved on as he had many more hands to shake after mine and I certainly didn't wish to monopolize him :) . I didn't get another chance to speak with him after that as he was understandably a bit busy with the many dignitaries on hand!

Despite that, it was a very nice event, and great to finally meet the Commodore. A surprise attendee (for me) was Carol Marlow whom it was very nice to meet, albeit briefly. While she is a relative newcomer to Cunard, it is clear that she "gets it" and I think the future for Cunard is very bright with her in charge.

Both the Commodore and Ms Marlow made multiple assurances that his association with the Company is far from over, so I am confident that we have indeed not seen the last of him and hopefully I shall have the opportunity to get to know him better in the future. He was clearly overjoyed by the show of appreciation for his hard work for Cunard over the past 36 years and I was glad to be on hand at this very special event.

Archived