Sky Bar on the Conquest

vette

We are trying to set up a meeting place for our CC group to get together on the Conquest. We are looking at the Sky Bar right after the Lifeboat Drill. Does anyone know if the Skybar is open during sail away? It is located right near the Sky Pool.

Vette

The bar will be open, but I believe due to Texas law there will be restrictions on what can be served until the ship clears the port.

I remember that I did have the drink of the day on deck when the Conquest pulled out last week( edit - last year; I guess that was wishful thinking. LOL ) . If I remember correctly there is a law in effect there for alcohol sales on Sunday so if you plan to purchase some in Galveston before you board you might want to research this more.

Hi...I'm from Texas! As for that Sky Bar...it is a great bar....right by the pool...but as with both of the poolside bars on the Conquest...they can get crowded...so keep that in mind when looking to meet up with people. That will be a busy place.

As for Texas and liquor laws...yes, it is a little bit restricted on Sundays. Here's the deal.

In Texas...you can't buy HARD alcohol from any type of convience or grocery store. EVER. You have to go to a Liquor Store. By Texas law...Liquor Stores can not be open on Sundays! So if you are wanting to buy hard alcohol...you have to do it on Saturday! AND, before 9:00 pm. Liquor stores are not open after 9:00.

Next....you can buy beer or wine...any day of the week from a grocery or convience store...but on Sundays...they do NOT sell...until noon.

There are a few more rules than that...but that's the basic jest of it!

Next....you can buy beer or wine...any day of the week from a grocery or convience store...but on Sundays...they do NOT sell...until noon.

I was a very popular convenience store clerk out in Pecos about 30 years ago. (Just out of high school.) They had a city ordinance, no beer sales at all on Sunday. Being from Fort Worth, I would start selling it at noon on Sundays. Most popular store in town on Sunday afternoons! :D

Thanks for the answers about the Sky Bar. As long as it is open it will work. I will be able to grab a table and chairs near the bar and use that as the meeting point. We don't need to be right at the bar. As long as the foo-foo drinks are sailing by we will be okay :-)

Vette

Archived