Tips for Carnival Miracle (2/18/07)

ORDPLATAA

I am taking my mom on the Carnival Miracle on Feb 18th. We are booked in 7303 (Cat 8G with the extended balcony and fully accessible). I have to say that I was a little concerned going on Carnival (I remember the "old" Carnival of the '80s when I was a travel agent - YIKES!) but have to say I was very pleasantly suprised by the PVP I spoke with and the call from Special Services the day after I booked. Feeling much better about my mom's choice (we had the option of this sailing, RCCL Legend of the Seas or HAL's Veendam). Mom has sailed with Carnival before and enjoyed it and I have sailed Celebrity and Holland America.

Anyway, she is mobility limited (can use a cane for short distances but relies on a scooter for long distances). The cabin location looks great (near the elevators). Has anyone stayed in that cabin? It sounds like (from the description the PVP gave me) it should be large enough to keep the scooter inside the cabin and wide enough doorways to drive it through.

Are there any suggestions regarding dining arrangements (table location in upper -vs- lower level), accessibility to Nick & Nora's Supper Club (I would love to treat her to one night "out" and accessible seating in the showroom?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from the Spirit and I took pictures of the handicap cabin I have reserved for my sister on the Miracle. The ships are identical and the room you are asking about is directly below, same layout. Hope this helps! Here is a link to the pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=553480244&security=WWgXRT

The room is right off of the elevators. I think you will be pleased. I don't know about seating at the supper club. I do know that for the first time in my life, on my last cruise, I was very aware of people that needed assistance. I applaud the crew on the Spirit, because I saw everyone from room stewards to deck hands helping people out. Boarding ship in port in Alaska was tricky because of the tides. I saw Carnival personnel carrying passengers, in their wheelchairs , up the gangway steps....no easy task. I am comfortable now that my sister will have additional help IF we need it. Enjoy your cruise with your mom! My trip to Alaska was with my mom and I will treasure that time with her forever!

Archived