Who's Your Captain & Cruise Director?

C 2 C

Just to let you all know.

Someone has posted a thread on the Celebrity boards that says Shawn Cavanah and 5 other crew members have been removed from the Galaxy in mid sailing.

Interesting.....

That was a one time poster... it might be true, but I have a feeling someone out there is toying with us on a number of threads...:(

That was a one time poster... it might be true, but I have a feeling someone out there is toying with us on a number of threads...:(

That might be...but the person who started the thread wasn't.

Funny how they said they were AWOL in mid cruise.

By the way...I really like this thread to track who is where.

I thought Captain Papanikalou was on Constellation? He must be on vacation then. He is my favorite. I can only hope to see him again next year on Millennium, although, not likely.

Captain Papanikalou is the best, The most charming, outgoing captain I have experienced. When we sailed on his ship he knew crew member by name and spoke to every person he encountered on the ship. He, made our cruise on the Constellation the most memorable. Hope he has not retired.

I just got off Mercury yesterday :( :( and Stewart Turnbull was still the Cruise Director.

Teri

Hi Teri:

Were there any changes in Captain, Hotel Director (Simon Weir?), Captain's Club Hostess?

A post from Connie sailing January 8 from FLL:

For all that wanted to know here are the basics:

Captain - Bouzakis - he was great at the toast last night. Pretty young, spoke multiple languages.

Captains Club Hostess -Liesl - have not met her yet.

Hotel Manager - Nina Hautaniemi (yes SHE is a woman)

I'm familiar with the other CDs, but who's Martin Blanar?

Why, he's the cruise director on the Summit! (okay, tongue in cheek, there). According to the Celebrity Today from our recent Summit cruise, he's been working in the cruise industry for 14 years. He has been with Celebrity in the past, but most recently was on other cruise lines. It says that he "recently returned to Celebrity feeling that this is where he belongs." I take that to mean VERY recently!

Hi Jerry,

The Captain on Mercury was Nikos Frantzis. The Hotel Director was Carlos Ramirez and the Captain Club's Hostess was Emma.

I hope that is helpful.

Teri

Thankyou. There were no changes from our trip. Carlos Ramirez took over mid cruise in Panama.

Yes, he is one of the best. We sailed with him back in October,2001 on Zenith.Hope he is still with X.

Anyone know if Captains Andrionotis and Adamidis are still active? They were quite senior a few years back and may have retired.

Does anyone have any idea where John Howell is? Is he still with Celebrity? We loved him on Summit twice and on a few other previous cruises.

Pat C

Reporting live from the Galaxy. John Howell is our CD for the 1/12 itinerary. Will report later on the Master as I don't recall his name.

Reporting live from the Galaxy. John Howell is our CD for the 1/12 itinerary. Will report later on the Master as I don't recall his name.
From the Galaxy thread Dec 8 2007:
Goodness, we have a lot of new cruisers since we left on the Galaxy 1/2. Welcome everyone. The Galaxy is still a nice ship even though she does have some wear and tear. The main problem is in the Stratosphere where most of the windows are now white with condensation -one window is shattered so there is a piece of plywood over it.
C2C - Our Captain was Anastassios Lekkas, CC Hostess was Melanie ?, and the CD was Robert Vazquez. I didn't hear what happened to Shawn.

So I'm confused...

Unless Robert Vazquez was the interim CD until John Howell arrived for the present sailing. I thought John was to go to a different ship (2 month old rumor)

So I'm confused...

Unless Robert Vazquez was the interim CD until John Howell arrived for the present sailing. I thought John was to go to a different ship (2 month old rumor)

I think Shawn's screw up really killed that rumor. My guess is Robert was a temp for a week and has backed down to Activity Manage when John arrived.

John may only be temporary there until they can bring in someone else. My guess is Jeff Potts as he is being pulled from the Zenith and Natalie Clemons is taking over next month.

Yes, this is speculation, but I'm taking what I know is going on and making an assuption or two.

In keeping with the 'rumor' of John Howell, has anyone been able to confirm/or heard that he will be transferring to Millennium soon? That was reported here some time ago by a few different folks. Just wondering if this is still the case with the happenings on Galaxy. I know Derek is on board now. We had him last year on Constellation and he was very personable and we always saw him around. I remember John from our Century cruise a long time ago (1997). I believe he was just the ACD back then, if I remember correctly.

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Certainly John was going to Millenium after his break - he told us in Nov which was his last cruise on Summit. I think Rick has it spot on - John will have been asked to cover Galaxy first whilst they sort out the solutions longer term

As a matter of interest do the staff and crew change about a lot from ship to ship or do they pretty much stay on one?
With contract constantly ending and begining there is change all the time. Captains and CDs work 4 months on the ship then 2 months on vaction. Activity staff, CC Hostess is 6 months on 2 months off. Cabin stewards, waiters, bartenders are 8 months on 2 months off. They also don't start and end all at the same time. Crew leave and board every week.

Archived