What ships other than QM2 call at St. Kitts?

judyzoo

The UK ship Ocean Village also stops in St Kitts.

Are you looking for ideas for trips there?

I could list what OV offer if you require, as a form of comparison.

We simply shared a taxi for a tour round the island. Some bits were great,others not so good. Worst part was our driver who went so slow. LOL

The UK ship Ocean Village also stops in St Kitts.

Are you looking for ideas for trips there?

I could list what OV offer if you require, as a form of comparison.

We simply shared a taxi for a tour round the island. Some bits were great,others not so good. Worst part was our driver who went so slow. LOL

Yes, that's about what I'm looking for, so I'd appreciate if it you could do that for me. We'll be there in December on QM2. Cunard doesn't list the St. Kitts shore excursions on its website and won't be sending out information about them until much closer to our sailing date. Being an overplanner, I wanted to try to get some idea of what I might expect to be offered as shore excursions. It will be just DH and myself, and DH won't be getting off the ship, so I'd rather take a ship's excursion than a taxi or independent tour by myself.

Totally agree on taking a ship's tour when you're on your own - unless you meet up with other guests as join in their tour.

However, what the Ocean Village advertise is;

Hike up to Mount Liamuiga Volcano

Chug around the island on the St Kitts Scenic Railway (you'll find stuff on this here, if you search, as it's quite a popular tour. Best done via the ship, as far as I understand, as there are sometimes delays and the ship will only wait for their own!

Catamaran trip to Smittens Bay or neighbouring Island of Nevis

Deep sea Fishing

Explore the impressive Brimstone Hill Fortress and lush Romney Gardens and see the famous carib stone drawing (we did this independantly and thoroughly enjoyed it) The walk up to the Fortress is quite steep, but fairly short, but it is sprawling so you'd need a level of fitness.

Tee off at the stunning Royal St Kitts Golf Course.

Go off-road by Jeep or Quad bike

Learn to dive or check out the local coral reefs on a scuba diving trip.

On our trip we also went to Black Rock. Just a little bit off the main road (but quite far north) with awesome black rocks and surf, and a very welcome cool drink purchased from a local vendor.

Hope this helps.

Archived