recently back from Inspiration. Questions??

cthrn27

We were on the Inspiration May '05 and LOVED IT!!! And I agree, crew, staff and ship was wonderful. Trying to talk DW into another Inspiration(al) cruise next May. If I could swing it, I would be up to taking a cruise every year.

Waiting to read about your experiences.

Matt

can't speak for the beer, but the pina colladas were sweet, refreshing and addicting! The food was 10X better than what we had on the Paradise 2 years ago.....has all Carnival food improved, or is the Inspiration exceptional (or the Paradise sub par????). and the water..............aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh... I love to sit and look at the water-while enjoying a pina collada and the music and the sun and the smell of hot dogs roasting ..... :)

I will be going on the Inspiration September 25 too. Great to hear all the positive reviews. Can't wait!!:)

Questions: Were there hairdryers in the cabin, or do you have to bring your own?

Can you get cappucino in the dining room?

I have heard the entertainment is really good - did you think so?

rmpkingmom

Holland America: Rotterdam (82 & 86): Amsterdam (86 & 95); Westerdam (96); Statendam (96); Veendam (98);Zuiderdam (04) P&O: Sea Princess (84) Premier: Red Boat (96) Celebrity: Galaxy (97) Royal Caribbean: Legend of the Seas (05)

No hair dryers in the staterooms (:(), but everyone looks good with the sea air "fluffing" their hair!:)

there was a good variety of entertainment. The band on deck was very good. There were a couple of song/dance shows. What I saw was good... there were 2 different comediens. Each did a family type show 1 night and then a late (11:30 pm/12pm) R rated show. Enjoyed them. there were also the fire gauchos. interesting.

rmpkingmom how neat that you are going too :D . You will have to check in on the Roll call board :) , there are a few that have checked in. DO you have any children? I have 4 kids, ages.. 8-6-3-1 so it shal lbe fun!

Have you got your docs yet? Were still waiting...

I'm getting so antsy :D

rmpkingmom how neat that you are going too :D . You will have to check in on the Roll call board :) , there are a few that have checked in. DO you have any children? I have 4 kids, ages.. 8-6-3-1 so it shal lbe fun!

Have you got your docs yet? Were still waiting...

I'm getting so antsy :D

All grown up now I'm afraid. We took our son on his first cruise when he was 8 and then through the teen years. Cruising is a great family vacation. Your kids (and you) will have a great time! Thanks for the reminder re the roll call. I signed up!

rmpkingmom:)

Holland America: Rotterdam (82 & 86): Amsterdam (86 & 95); Westerdam (96); Statendam (96); Veendam (98);Zuiderdam (04) P&O: Sea Princess (84) Premier: Red Boat (96) Celebrity: Galaxy (97) Royal Caribbean: Legend of the Seas (05)

Recently back from a wonderful cruise on the Inspiration (8/5 through 8/11). what a great ship and even greater crew! I'll do a review soon, but in the meantime, any questions?

What dinning room is OOOPAH!!! George the greek maitre'd working?

George was in the Mardi Gras dining room. We were in the Carnivale with Babu who is also lots of fun. He finds a way to say "you are a very bad man, Jerry" at least once every dinner..... his staff is curteous, efficient, excellent!

We saw George when the CD brings out the whole staff, and George was cutting up during just the short walk up the stage and on the stage! The captain singled him out for a hug. George must be alot of fun!:)

there was a sushi bar ( I think you have to pay, but not sure). Our cruise was 5 day and we had a past guest party (and we got pins!!!!!); not sure how the 4 day works.....

we did the pirate cruise (more for young kids than my 13 & 17 yearolds)

and Xcaret. Enjoyed the swim at Xcaret. Previously did stingray city/Hell/Turtle farm. Enjoyed that far more than the pirate cruise.

hope you all enjoy your trip as much as we enjoyed ours. It is a great ship with a wonderful crew.

Archived