40 birthday on 2-2-2008

pongo

Hi we had never done a cruise till the 17th may 2006 it was on the QM2 to new york a dream came true.

well I am looking for a holiday well cruise for my 40th birthday but not sure what to do the QM 2 was so great but would like to try something else so we can be away for my birthday can you recomend something??? that would not be a dissapointment as the Queeen mary 2 was the best.

budget has to be not too hight as family might all want to go too.

thank you Johanne :)

Hi Johanne

This might not be much help. As you know holidays are highly subjective and what is one person's passion is any persons poison. Nonetheless, if it is more a party atmosphere you are looking for perhaps one of the party cruise lines might be great. There are quite a few reviews available for other ships on these boards and they might give you a feel of each ships ambience.

If you are just deciding between Cunard ships; perhaps the QM2 would meet your needs more than the QE2. Though I feel there is something for everyone on each ship. Though by your sailing date the QV will be in service. Decisions, decisions............

Shellie x

•As you know, QM2 will depart on a 13 day Caribbean sailing to Panama on your Birthday! Nice!

•Victoria will be about half way to Honolulu on her way from LA to Sydney... Hmmmn...

•However, on your birthday QE2 will sail the Cape Horn passage - WOW ! It doesn't get better than that for a birthday! How often do you get to the bottom of the World(?) and you're worth it as the ad goes!

•If you're in California, perhaps a less expensive alternative would be a stay on RMS Queen Mary, drinks in the Observation Bar and dinner at Sir Winstons!

Archived