Looking for deals in Feb 07?

RUBYRUBY

Hi

I am looking to book a cruise of the Caribbean in Feb 07. I have somewhat unique circumstances because I am 29 female travelling by myself. I am not really interested in a single's cruise and probably prefer paying the supplement than having the stress of trying to find a another person to share (on tours I usually share with someone else but in the confined spaces of a cabin I probably prefer being by myself ) I am really looking to relax after a stressful year. Seeing as I will probably be paying double for having a room to myself, I was hoping to get a better price on the cruise by waiting for those 90 day specials. Do you think that I would have a good chance of getting a deal (I have been looking at *****) if I am travelling in Feb 07 or is this a peak travelling period. I am looking to travel from Florida or Puerto Rico. Would also prefer a balcony cabin.

Thanks in Advance

Ant

Hi I am looking to book a cruise of the Caribbean in Feb 07. I am looking to travel from Florida ...

Avoid cruising out of Ft Lauderdale during the last two weeks in January 07 and the first two weeks in February 07. The Superbowl will be in Miami on February 4th. Air and hotel availability prior to and after are going to be tight. We're expecting major crowds. ;)

Avoid cruising out of Ft Lauderdale during the last two weeks in January 07 and the first two weeks in February 07. The Superbowl will be in Miami on February 4th. Air and hotel availability prior to and after are going to be tight. We're expecting major crowds. ;)

I think all of February is pretty darn high- AIr for me to FLL is over 500pp and thats from Phila. Never did I pay over 150pp to cruise out of there.

Hotels are VERY high. we are cruising the week of February 18th.

Ruby: there are a few cruisecritic groups headed out in February- I have one for February 18th on the Caribbean Princess. Someone else is hosting Miracle for Valentines week.

Here is the link.... although cruising alone-- you will get to know people before you go.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

February you may have troubles, at least out of Florida. As Bequia said, the first weekend in February the SuperBowl is being held in Miami. Cruises are booked, airfares are high (or non-existent), and hotel rooms are scarce. Already people are looking as far away as Orlando for hotels, which means it will affect cruises out of Orlando in addition to ones out of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.

The 3rd weekend in February is President's Day weekend. Many schools get at least part of that week off, so it is an extremely popular week for families to cruise - out of any port. Plus the International Boat Show is being held in Miami that weekend - so once again no hotels, and expensive flights.

Basically your best options for cruises in February are to try and look for a cruise the 2nd or 4th week of February. You might have better luck with a cheap cruise out of San Juan, but your problem there will be finding cheap airfare especially if you wait until 90 days out, as February is high season in San Juan. No matter what avoid the 3rd week in February - out of any where.

It's funny. I'm your age and just this week finally found a roommate for my February 2007 cruise via these boards. If you find a cruise you really want to go on, instead of settling for paying the single's supplement, you might use the Roll Call for that cruise to see if anybody else is looking for a roommate.

Hi Ant,

If your dates are somewhat flexible, we're cruising on the Star Princess on Jan. 27, returning the day before the Super Bowl, and we have pretty decent rates for a Balcony. Might want to check it out...

Good luck,

Enrique

ebrener57 at gmail dot com

• 3 months later...

I A Cruising Solo Feb12-16 On The Facination, I Think I Got A Pretty Good Deal Cruise Was $336.00 With Taxes And I Am Flying Non Stop To Miami From Boston For $238.00 And I Did This On My Own Without A Ta I Opted For An Inside Upper/lower Since All I Am Going To Basically Sleep/shower And Change Clothes In There I Did Not Need Anything Fancy

Archived