Safir & Cockatoo Catamarans

wolfganghowell

Has anyone done either of these excursions? Looking for info on them. We have done Stingray City before and would really like to go sailing, swimming and snorkelling without being surrounded by people.

Any info appreciated - do they serve booze/non booze? More than one stop? What time does it leave? How far from the cruise ship pier?

Both of these are offered by Royal Carib - I don't know what other lines offer it. Thanks!

Bubblez - thank you for the info. I will keep those in mind. I'll have to see what their cancellation policy is since our ship sometimes skips Grand Cayman when the seas are too rough. That's usually why we stick with the ship excursions but I've heard a lot of the vendors will honor cancellations if the ship skips the port. Thanks again!

Wolfganghowell .... Will try to give you a little info on these ... per your question.

Yacht Safir: We were booked on the Safir; but, unfortunately, it was cancelled due to rough seas. On the old board there were a couple of VERY helpful posts.

We booked the Safir because of very positive reviews from both "JNL ROSE" and "Bookit". Both of these folks are frequent posters and I've exchanged info with them for years and trust their opinions.

Both LOVED this excursion!!! Others posted too and there was NEVER a bad review of the Safir!!!! (... and you know how whinny we cruisers can be at times! :D )

:eek: Will CONTINUE with this post ...........

O - thanks. Rosie and I are board buddies and she is actually coming to a cruise party here next month so I will "make her" give me the info. I was interested in Bucanneer but then I saw some negatives so now I'm not 100% sure. Thanks for the info.

Archived