Does NCL still have the "helmets" of beer & is there still a deposit on the thing?

A Sixth?

Was on the Sun in January 2005 and they had a deal on certain beers where they'd fill 5 of brew d'jours into a bucket the (dressed up as a helmet"), and for your bulk buy effort were rewarded with one of the brews being effectively free! ("free is good")

Going on the Sun again March 2007. Do they still have that darn deposit on the Helmet? We all hated having to cart the thing around because I had $ 10.00 or what ever invested in it. I sure hope that they've gone back to "deposit free buckets" so after we're finished the beers we aren't having to lug the bucket around, or flag down a waiter for a helmet return credit. (which we did once or twice, but it was a pain and always took longer than any order for beer I ever place on any of my eleven cruises)

So, has NCL read their customer comment cards and got rid of the deposits and/or the helmets? (I can't believe that any beer helmet comment would be anything but negative)

pebkac.jpg

No helmets on the Jewel in January (2006). I was on the Sun January, 2005 and the helmets were such a pain! You should have seen me the last day at sea! I brought all (17) helmets up to a bar to get my credit. Somehow I lost 2 so it cost me an extra $10 for my beer on the cruise. The Jewel still had "buckets" but with no deposit. On of the waiters told me that NCL had discontinued the use of the helmets on all NCL ships.

No helmets on the Jewel in January (2006). I was on the Sun January, 2005 and the helmets were such a pain! You should have seen me the last day at sea! I brought all (17) helmets up to a bar to get my credit. Somehow I lost 2 so it cost me an extra $10 for my beer on the cruise. The Jewel still had "buckets" but with no deposit. On of the waiters told me that NCL had discontinued the use of the helmets on all NCL ships.

What about the buckets? Do they still have those? How much are they and how many beers are in each one? Also will this be the case for the NCLA ships as well? I'll be on POH end of Oct.-Nov.

Was on the Star 7/31-8/6. Helmets helmets everywhere and a $5 deposit. Got so annoyed asked to either not bring a helmet or don't charge the deposit. Both worked ! But at the end of the cruise one of the early-in-the-week helmet deposits showed up on the onboard bill and had to go to the accountants to take it off. Only $5 but principle of the thing.

Just home from the Jewel with a helmet. There was no deposit and we brought it home for my daughter in college!

Was on the Star 7/31-8/6. Helmets helmets everywhere and a $5 deposit. Got so annoyed asked to either not bring a helmet or don't charge the deposit. Both worked ! But at the end of the cruise one of the early-in-the-week helmet deposits showed up on the onboard bill and had to go to the accountants to take it off. Only $5 but principle of the thing.

Okay, now I am officially confused. Is the NCL Helmet deposit policy unique from ship to ship?

Archived