Dining Changes

blueskyday

Well, Duck, although that's true, it isn't set up to be done that way. You know that.:rolleyes:

BlueSky - You won't know your dining assignment until just before boarding the ship anyway.

Thank you all. I only asked because on our last cruise, the party actually started about 10 minutes before the 1st seating and some people missed the alotted time. Don't know what they did about it, we were on late dining.

If it is truly on the 2nd night of the cruise, that will be our 25th anniversary and I sure don't want to get dressed up for nothing. I want the party, dinner and hopefully a diamond!:D Still trying to find a decent outfit that I don't have to put on panythose!!!

If we picked early dining, and the capt.'s party overlaps that seating, can I request to dine later that evening?

We never make it to the Capts party, we use this time to jump to the Photo stations for those formal pictures while there are no lines, We wait to get those free drinks during the Past Guest party.

Thank you all. I only asked because on our last cruise, the party actually started about 10 minutes before the 1st seating and some people missed the alotted time. Don't know what they did about it, we were on late dining.

If it is truly on the 2nd night of the cruise, that will be our 25th anniversary and I sure don't want to get dressed up for nothing. I want the party, dinner and hopefully a diamond!:D Still trying to find a decent outfit that I don't have to put on panythose!!!

were you at the first seating party that started late or is this something that is seconf hand info?

Bill

:D Good question, Bill. They're just so well organized and consistent, I can't imagine that happening.

I always have early seating (usually 6:15), and the Captain's party begins around 5pm - which gives the 5:45 diners about 40 minutes to enjoy the party before their dining time.

were you at the first seating party that started late or is this something that is seconf hand info?

Bill

1. We were at the party (exciting for us 1st timers). The party was to start at 5.30 and was delayed until 5.50. Don't know why, and I didn't ask. I was just happy to be there. Still had fun meeting new people.

2. Some people we had become aquainted (party of 4) who stated that their seating time for dinner had already begun (6pm) and hoped that they could get in later. I don't know how they resolved it. I saw them on our last day but forgot to ask.

Can't wait for the "past guest" party (2nd timers)!

sounds odd that they would start the party so close to the start of dinner. So you were second seating and they invited you to the first seating party?

Or do they have the 5:30pm party for second seating and have a later party for 1st seating? Or does everybody go to the same one. I thought I read somewhere that they had one for each seating.:confused:

After 8 or so CCL cruises I still don't know this stuff as I've never attended. Always busy doing something else.

Bill

I only remember one Capt.'s party listed in the capers. Maybe because it was on the Jubilee and the ship so small? Sorry, that's the best I can do. I don't know why it started so late, I remember a long line of people waiting for the doors to open and a lot of scurrying around of staff on the other side (could see through the glass in the door) and people looking at their watches. I don't think it was meant to be that late. Something must have happened to cause a delay that we, the guests, were not informed about. That's why I asked the question. In the end, it was a lot of fun and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

I guess it doesn't really matter either way. I'll take my chances on the cruise next month and hope it works out for the best, which I'm sure it will. If we miss the formal dinner, we'll eat at the buffet and go to one of the clubs and dance all night. We will have a great time no matter what!:)

And there is nothing to stop a late diner to start with the early party. ;)

On my last cruise (Glory) I did this.....We had late seating (8:30) for dinner. We liked to stop by the Sushi Bar on the Promenade Deck when they opened at 5:30 for a late afternoon snack/hold-over until dinner. The Early Seating Captains Party was going on so we went into the lounge and got a couple of drinks to enjoy with our Sushi....had a short rest, got ready for dinner and attended the Captains Party before our dinner time for a bit.

Archived