Air Fares Nashville,Tn to Miami,Fl

Brenda Bell

I'm beginning to plan our next cruise for summer of 2007. We have always drove to the port but this cruise will take us to Miami,Fl. from Nashville, Tn. I don't like to fly but my family does not want to drive to Miami. So should I book my flights with my p.v.p. or call the airline myself. We would like to stay in Miami a day or two before the cruise. Can anyone help me on this?

PVP is Personal Vacation Planner

Another alternative for flying is into West Palm Beach with a one way rental. We did this last December through dollar and it was painless and fairly inexpensive. I would check Expedia, Orbitx, Travelocity to see what your airline options are and then check them individually. Most times I've found the prices on the individual websites to be cheaper than those through the big travel search engines.

Most of the time it is cheaper to do it yourself. Like Auntibon said The airport at West Palm Beach is cheaper most of the time. You can also check out Ft. Lauderdale. Another good one that is nearby to fly into. So in checking out go with MIA, FLL, and PBO. You might fine the easiest way to check is at http://WWW.Kayak.com They do not sell airfares they just check out all web sites for you. You might also do the amtrak thing. Drive over to Virginia and do the autorail. They put you and your car on the train and overnight you are near Orlando. Its a short drive from there.

A couple of other things to consider...

The "$50 cheaper" price quoted by Carnival may be for flights arriving the day of embarkation. If you are going in a few days early, you may have to pay an air deviation fee.

The cruiseline will put you on whatever flight is the cheapest for them to book. Even if there is a nonstop from Nashville to Ft. Lauderdale, there is no guarantee that you will get this flight. If the nonstop is on Southwest, you won't get it. It is my understanding that the cruiselines do not have contracts with Southwest. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

I spoke with my p.v.p. last night and she advised me that it would be cheaper for me to check around on flights. She also told me that I could go to Fort Lauderdale, Florida airport. But if i took the air fares from Carnival they would be waiting on us at the airport to take us to the cruise terminal. I did explained to her they we would like to come a day or two early and stay in Miami and she did say something about extra charges. I guess the best way to go is to book my airfares myself and find a taxi when i get to Miami. I know it's too early to be checking on airfares for June 4,2007, but when should I start?

Archived