Unethical Ta

Janet19

Handicapped Rooms- Pride of America?

DH and I just booked our Pride of America cruise for Sept 2007. We used Cruise Compete, and the TA we worked with gave us a handicapped inside room in category K. We're not handicapped, although from what I understand a handicapped room is bigger than a standard room, and we're happy about that.

What differences can we expect between a standard inside room and a handicapped inside room? What do you suppose our chances are of being bumped from the room, seeing as how we're not handicapped and there may be a handicapped passenger who needs the room? Would we be bumped to a standard inside room?

Thanks for any help.

From the Norwegian Boardf

Janet--it really is bad to take a handicapped room if you don't need it--my partner (who uses a scooter because she can't walk more than a few steps) and I tried to use a regular cabin one time because we we so desperate to go cruising, and it was a nightmare. The scooter barely fit inside the cabin, and then took up all the space, and the bathroom--especially the shower--was simply a no-go. We learned our lesson; if all the accessible rooms are booked, we just don't go. Especially since you have booked so early, your booking will probably effect someone who's disabled. Hope you can change your room, and hope you have a great cruise!

I was not the poster!!

I copied and pasted this postfrom the NCL board in hopes some of you would go there and answer

the original poster in the manner of which you just did.

I am a true advocate for the physically challenged..believe me.

Someone mentioned this on another thread here.

I went to the NCL board and responded. It's good to address this issue when it comes up on the various boards.

It's up to those of us in the disability community [or with family/friends who are] to educate others.

Janet, it was not clear from your post that YOU weren't the person who was talking about booking an HC cabin!

When quoting from another post or forum, it is customary to do this with quoting format.

To do this, use the following sequence (but leave out any spaces and empty lines):

[

]

the text you want to quote

[

/quote

]

This makes it clear it is someone else saying this, not you.

Archived