POH - Questions re NCL checkin at Marriott

theabteam

Hi there, we are taking the Pride of Hawaii cruise and are wondering about the pre-cruise deal with the Marriott Waikiki Beach. We took the deal - we are staying there the night before our cruise. A couple questions for those of you that have also done this.

1. What is the cut off time for checking in to the cruise at the hotel the day prior?

2. How early does the shuttle bus pick you up from the hotel the day of the cruise?

Thanks in advance for your help with these questions. We are really looking forward to our cruise.

theabteam

I believe the NCL Office at the Marriott was open until 8 or 9 p.m. The shuttle to the ship began picking up passengers at about 11:15 a.m., until about 1:00 p.m. the day of sailing. Don't know why they take you to the ship so early, because the cabins are not ready. Upon boarding, you are directed to go to Deck 12 to wait for an announcement about access to your deck. They have a place set up in the Galleria shopping area to check your carry-on luggage until your cabin is ready. There is a lifeboat drill at 4:30, but you are free to get on and off of the ship anytime after check-in. The ship does not sail until later in the evening.

Thank you very much for the quick and helpful answer! I am soooo looking forward to our cruise! This is not my first cruise, nor my first time in Hawaii, but first on both counts for my DH! I can't wait to introduce him to my favorite place on earth.

So, of course, I want it to be perfect. Hence I am obsessing about every detail! Thank God for this website! I've been perusing every day for every detail I can sponge up regarding the POH cruises. Thanks to everyone here!

Toodaloo,

theabteam (o:

p.s. I have also picked up all the "Revealed" books about each of the islands, which is helpful to use in conjunction with all the great info here.

Archived