Hotel 1898 Barcelona?

Has anyone stayed here? Have reservations for July 2007 but not sure. Have read many good things on tripadvisor but cost is a little high. It it worth the extra cost?:confused:

Has anyone stayed here? Have reservations for July 2007 but not sure. Have read many good things on tripadvisor but cost is a little high. It it worth the extra cost?:confused:

I have stay at three different hotels in Barcelona over the past two years and have heard great reviews on the Hotel you are booked with. Cost can very depending on the travel season. Most four star Hotels in Barcelona exceed the $200 level but there are a few between $100 and $175. Most information on Trip Advisor is accurate. I think you are on the right track. Tim

You might check the area you will be staying. Most popular is Las Ramblas for it charm and street vendors. However the area can be noisy and has its share of pick pockets. If you are going with seniors and I should be the one to talk (57) you might check out the area near the convention center near Dela Mar beach. This is a new high tech area with Spains biggest shopping center with easy access to the Hop on Hop off bus. Very clean, some very nice 4 star hotels no pick pockets. A taxi from the airport to Dela Mar Center will run about 36 euros for two people including luggage. I do know of three hotels 4 star hotels in this area...the Hilton (expensive) Hotel AC at Dela Mar and Hotel Princess. Check trip advisor and you will see what I mean. Tim

Archived