Venice airport question

I hired a private water taxi to take us from our hotel in Venice to the airport on the day of our departure.

Does the water taxi drop us off right at the airport? I have been reading conflicting things - on some boards it says that you have to walk about 1/2 mile from the dock and there may not be a porter to help.

It is just me and my mom and a bunch of luggage so I just want to be prepared for the worst.

Thanks in advance

Lynn

The waterbus stop is about 1/4 mile or so from the airport. There was a bus taking and picking up passengers when we were there in 2003 but I understand from posts on this board that bus is no longer running. There were luggage carriages that you could rent that you could take all the way down there. The sidewalk and road were downhill from the airpott and depending on the weather it could be a tough walk uphill even with your luggage on a cart. I don't remember seeing any porters to assist you with taking luggage down the hill when we were there in 2003.

Here is the link to the Venice airport site. You can email them and see what they say. I will also include a great general venice site with lots of info.

http://www.veniceairport.com/core/index.jsp?_requestid=292124

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

Wish I had better news. You might want to do a search on Venice on this board and check out some of the other threads on this subject.

Have a great next cruise and stay in Venice and good luck in finding the best way to get your luggage to the airport.

We made the same arrangements when we left there in mid May. At that time, there was an (I believe independent) van service just a few steps up from the vaporetto dock. They drove us & our luggage to the departures terminal. The cost was 20€ for the two of us (highway robbery but the only game in town at that time). These two 50+ females wouldn't have dreamed of pulling our bags the ¼ mile (or however long the distance was).

Archived