? On where to stay in Moorea

gulllake

I am traveling on the Tahitian Princess in Feb. 07. Would like to find a place to stay in Moorea for three nights. Or should we look into another island? Naturally, the price will rule us either in or out of a overwater bungalow. Any suggestions would be great

Call section of the boards. Look under Pacific Islands. There are lots of options on Moorea for all budgets. It's just going to depend upon how much you want to spend there. You can go so far as to use a camp ground and sleep in a dorm for about CFP800 a night. Cook's Bay is about CFP8500 a night, which is pretty moderate or go for the really posh, like Hotel Hibiscus or Les Tipaniers for about CFP 10,200 a night. There are lots in between. I would check out the boards and then take those names to the internet and check further. You will be able to find something within your price range, I'm sure.

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...

Might I add another to the list. We just got back today from the TP cruise and stayed pre-cruise at the Pension Motu Iti. Check out their website at pensionmotuiti.com It's a great value and Auguste (the owner) treats you just like family, he's a great host. We loved the snorkeling so much that when the TP was docked in Moorea, we rented a car and went back to the Motu Iti. It is a real diamond, a secret gem.

• 4 weeks later...

Moorea is perfect for your stay pre or post cruise.

I have stayed at Sheraton Moorea twice and just love it. Great even if you are not in an OWB. OWBs are pretty expensive but it's a great experience ... to save some money you could stay the first night in an OWB then a garden bungalow for the next 2.

We also liked Moorea village if you want something a lot cheaper. Not in the same league but the location is good, the beach is great and free trips to the motu are a bonus.

Archived