Downgrading from a mini-suite to a balcony room

natnat8465

My very generous FMIL has offered to pay for our cruise for our honeymoon. However, she was asked that we downgrade from a mini-suite to a balcony room. :( We paid the deposit for the cruise a couple of months ago and since then, the price of our cruise has gone up. So, if we downgrade, will we have to go with the prices today or the prices when we originally booked?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm not totally sure, but I'm sure there is a resident expert here..... who will know. Firstly, congrats! Secondly, I think that if you were to keep the existing reservation with the mini-suite you will keep the prices that it was booked at a couple months ago, but if you change to something else, a balcony, you will pay today's rates, which might be just as expensive as your minisuite was a couple months ago, it might not be worth the change! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Leah

Ran into kinda the same problem, my parents only wanted to purchase a basic level oceanview, long story short I got a great deal through an online TA (to remain nameless due to CC policy) and paid 400 bucks to upgrade to a Balcony.

Really, you gotta be the one that does the budget and *smudge* the books a little bit to get the upgrade.

Isn't soon to be wed life great?

I just checked the fare and it seems that the balcony room rates have gone up to more than what we booked the mini! YAY! Soon to be wed life is so stressful! :eek: Only 6 months to go! Thanks for everyone's help.

Getting one up on the FMIL probably is not the way to go to getting the marriage started. Her next choice could be to downgrade to an OV. I have learned to keep my MIL on my goodside and she has gone to bat for me on several occasions.

Dave

Archived