Miami Hotel Suggestions

I've stayed at the Hyatt downtown Miami a couple times for as cheap as $27 a night through priceline 3* downtown. But now that the Radisson is in the same category I'm not sure I would chance it. I haven't heard anything good from anyone that stayed at the Radisson. The Hyatt is a short walk to Bayside. The next time I sail out of Miami I want to stay at the Intercontinental, it is really nice, 4* downtown on priceline, it's right on the water just walk through the park to Bayside. Others like the Holiday Inn because it's right across the street from Bayside, but it's not a priceline property, must be booked directly or through Orbitz, etc. I have also stayed at the Marriott Courtyard, but would not recommend it, the Hyatt is much nicer and practically next door. I don't think any of the hotels offer a free shuttle, but cab fare is only about $5 plus tip because they are all so close.

Surgie:

When you return from your cruise, would you be so kind as to write a review of the Radisson.

We are staying there both pre and post cruise and any info would be appreciated.

Betty,

Let me be the first to say that I liked the Radisson. We stayed there pre cruise in Nov 03 and had a very enjoyable stay. ;)

The lobby was beautiful. The rooms were clean and spacious. We received excellent service from the bell hops both checking in and out. They even arranged for a van to take us to the pier on Sat. am. The lobby bar was very nice (a little expensive) and we sat out at the pool patio and had drinks and mingled with other guests. I am unable to speak of the restaurant there as we chose to go to Bayside and had lunch at the Hard Rock and dinner at Bubba Gumps. Both very nice!! All in all a very delightful stay and would stay there again.

Any suggestions for hotels in San Juan??

Cindy ;)

Sorry, but we stayed at the radisson in Dec of 03. Checked out after one night. Got hotel through priceline. Had lots of problems. Went to Hyatt on 2nd ave. Stayed there before. W/n chance priceline 3*. Other hotel right across from bayside used to be awful, best western. Now a holiday inn. Looks brand new.

Also, I think the problem with the radisson is it's a hit and miss. Some people stay and have no problems. We had a lot of problems. I would not pick this hotel again ever at any price. Oh, there's also the sheraton. That's a very nice hotel also. I just have never had a problem at the hyatt. It's too bad with the radisson. They do have a beautiful lobby and very, very good food in the lobby restaurant. Also, the pool is very pretty. But the rooms had big problems. I guess you'll just have to decide. A lot of people say, "well, it's just one night." But, boy did we have a night!

Eeeek. I'm so sorry. And problems didn't start until the wee hours of morning. We were already pretty pooped, since we started flying at 8am, LA time and didn't get in until close to 1130 pm. The terror level was raised that rainy day and our flight out of los angeles was delayed by hours, and of course, we missed our connection in atlanta.....

In any case, here's what happened in a nutshell

1. We were there in dec. No heat. Room freezing. Asked about this. Answer: "our hotel doesn't have heat. no hotel in miami has heat." Bad answer. Hyatt has heat. We went there and got heat. For you, this won't be a problem this time of year.

2. FIre alarm started chirping loud noise right outside of room around 2:30 am and would not stop. Front desk answer: "oh, the alarm isn't working correctly. Would you like to change rooms?" Sure, lady. We'll just pick up our 6 yr old, pack all our stuff (we were going on the cruise and after that spending almost 2 weeks traveling, so we were hauling a lot of luggage) and be right there.... Answer was even worse because we were on the 19th floor. (remember, she said fire alarm wasn't working correctly)

3. Telephone in room ringing. Picked up phone at 4 something in the morning. No one there. Hung up phone. PHone rang again. No one there. Called front desk. Answer: "We're, uh, having phone problems. I don't know if we can fix that. Just disconnect your phone."

All I can say is I hope they've fixed their problems. I'd read some more updated posts. It's been 7 mos since we were there. I would not stay there again.

We also stayed at the Radisson in April and it was great! Of course by April it was warm and not cool or cold in Miami. We paid $40 on Priceline and would definetly stay there again if we could get a good bid.

One thing though...........don't have breakfast there.........they have a buffet that for 2 people with tip is almost as much as we paid for the room!!!!!!!!!! There is a Burger King across the street, while a limited breakfast menu, alot cheaper.

Also I arranged for a group dinner for our cruise critic group at Bubba Gumps at the Bayside market...........the Radisson arranged group transportation for 26 people and charged us $1pp.

Jim

I have stayed twice at the Raddison, the latest in April. Service was very good, room very comfortable (they were trying out Sleep Number beds at the time) and everything seemed to working just fine. Everyone's experience is purely subjective and for one night pre-cruise for $35-$40 a night, you can't go wrong. We have also stayed at the Sheraton and DoubleTree, also very good for the money.

Archived