Newbie question: When to arrive?

scm5g

Hi, I'm a newbie going on my first cruise (Carnival Holiday) from Mobile on Saturday. My cruise docs say they will allow embarkation starting at 1:00 and the cruise departs port at 4:00. When should we arrive? Do they usually let people on earlier than it says in the docs?

Thanks in advance!

MOST people will arrive at 1pm. Arriving about 11am will get you on the ship around noon.

Arriving any earlier they are still unloading the ship.

BUT if you get on the ship by noon you still might not be able to get into your cabin til 1 so pack your carry on lightly

Just got back from the Ecstasy in Galveston. They said be there no earlier than 1:00 as you would have to sit out in the heat. We got there around 10:30, hit the starbucks across the street after dropping off luggage, then went back to the terminal at 11:30. We had a brief embarkation talk after the securty and check in and were on the ship and having lunch at noonish. Inside the embarkation area with security is all AC so our wait for the embarkation talk was comfortable. Get there around 11:00 or 11:30 and avoid the lines.

[quoteHi, I'm a newbie going on my first cruise (Carnival Holiday) from Mobile on Saturday. My cruise docs say they will allow embarkation starting at 1:00 and the cruise departs port at 4:00. When should we arrive? Do they usually let people on earlier than it says in the docs?

Thanks in advance!

]

let me know how the ship is..we are going in oct...

plus any advice you can give...

Just got back from the Ecstasy in Galveston. They said be there no earlier than 1:00 as you would have to sit out in the heat. We got there around 10:30, hit the starbucks across the street after dropping off luggage, then went back to the terminal at 11:30. We had a brief embarkation talk after the securty and check in and were on the ship and having lunch at noonish. Inside the embarkation area with security is all AC so our wait for the embarkation talk was comfortable. Get there around 11:00 or 11:30 and avoid the lines.

Just be warned that the cabins are not secured until the cabins are cleared by the housekeeping--thats why they tell you not to go to your cabin til 1pm.

Archived