~Paging SadieWest RE: extra fee for HC cabin

McCutie

..I am not sure if I read your post but did you pay extra for a handicap cabin for the Spirit?? I am 99.9% sure that there is never an additional fee for a HC cabin.

....My parents can only cruise in HC cabins and there was never an additional fee.

I know it isn't my business but I wouldn't want you to be misled...

BTW: My parents just booked a HC cabin on the Spirit and it was the same fee as the other cabins in the catagory.

I'd made a post in another thread that I haven't been charged extra for a handicapped cabin than I've had to pay in the past for an able bodied cabin. I have a cruise this October and one next April; there's no difference in price - for the same catagory.

Treven~ I just saw your post in the other thread.....

My parents have been on 12 NCL cruises and never have been charged a higher fee for a HC cabin in the same catagory.....that is why I thought something fishy was going on...and I sure hope not so that is why I was asking : )

Hhhmmm...is it possible I misunderstood my TA? Perhaps the increase wasn't for the HC cabin, but for being on deck 11? Originally, we were taking the cheapest cabin available, now we're on deck 11, but that came as a result (or should I say 'came after'?) our request for the HC cabin.

OK now I'm babbling.

Is it maybe just 'cause we're on deck 11?????

Sandi

(aka sadiwest)

PS-thanks for looking out for me ;)

Oh ok Sandi! That could be the case....I know there is a huge HC cabin on deck 4 and is a Cat G ...I know that is probably the highest price HC cabin on the Spirit.

The other decks are 10 and 11 with 2 HC cabins each so maybe if you were booked in a Cat. I and wanted an higher deck that could be the increase in price which is a Cat II on deck 11.

...Well, I feel better now : )...I really didn't want someone to get taken advantage of :)

Hhhmmm...is it possible I misunderstood my TA? Perhaps the increase wasn't for the HC cabin, but for being on deck 11? Originally, we were taking the cheapest cabin available, now we're on deck 11, but that came as a result (or should I say 'came after'?) our request for the HC cabin.

OK now I'm babbling.

Is it maybe just 'cause we're on deck 11?????

Sandi

(aka sadiwest)

PS-thanks for looking out for me ;)

On my upcoming Hawaii cruise next April I'm on Deck 10, a catagory I (HC) cabin. The cost of that cabin isn't any different than the rest of the cabins (AB) in the same catagory.

I could have gotten a partially obstructed ocean view (HC) cabin on Deck 8, but it was going to cost me an additional $300. I didn't think that looking at part of a lifeboat for a week was worth $300! So I kept my inside cabin.

Archived