Fantastic sight for weight loss

fee&j

This is not an ad, but it's about a site I found while surfing a weight watcher board. It is fantastic, you can track your food, exercise, get great articles and even put in your favourite recipe and it will give you the nutritional information and best of all it is free. Which being retired, is my kind of price. The site is http://www.sparkspeople.com. Hope you enjoy. I have lost 4 pounds in two weeks and am now very aware of what I eat and will cut back a little here and there so I can have company or go out for dinner. I also track my exercise, vitamins, walks. My husband and I have a glass of wine everyday at dinner about 4 ounces and I do track it. I'm hoping to lose another 10 pounds before our next cruise which is on the Sun Princess October 21. It seems, it should be doable. Fiona:D

Thanks, Fiona!! You're so sweet! I have actually gained 10 lbs recently from vacations and a cruise. I normally eat what I want on vacation and then worry about it when I get home. I still get mad at myself when I do it, but that doesn't seem to stop me. LOL

I have been using Fitday.com and love it! It allows you to keep an on-line food diary, exercise diary, etc. The foods you eat are tracked with all of their nutrition content, and if you use a particular brand of something (I am on the NutriSystem plan), you can in-put all of the nutrition info yourself. It even saves it for future quick reference. It displays all of your progress in various graph forms, too. Can you tell I'm a real fan?! It has been a great motivator for me. Check it out if you're intersted. I think you'll like it! :p

Debbie

I joined spark people after reading about it here and I love it. If anyone is looking for a great free site, I highly recommend it. I've used it for recipes, meal plans, exercise tips, and support.

I love this website. I used it mostly for the meal plans and recipes, and it has helped in my weight loss. Now, I just have to keep it off!

Good for you Cruzecrittor! 50 lbs is awesome! I've just started and I have thyroid issues on top of it, but I've lost 10 lbs so far (20 more to go) and more importantly feel like I've really picked up healthier habits. I actually don't even think that I'm dieting. I'm just (finally) learning how to eat in a healthy way.

I too have just signed on with Sparks.com and I can't beleive how motivated I have become. You would think an upcoming cruise would be motivation enough-but I just kept putting it off . Sometimes you just don't know where to begin! Thanks for a great beggining , and here's to a great end. [back-end that is!!!] Ha Ha!:D

• 2 months later...

There is so much to choose from on this site! I know it will help keep me on the straight and narrow path. I have 2 lbs. to go for Weight Watchers goal and want to keep it off. Our cruise is Dec. 2. I pray I make it beofre then so I can relax. I exercise a lot too so any help on this site about adding more to my plan will be of great help.

Myrna

Archived