Dining room attire...shoes?

shhhhh

Just wondering about footwear (for men) for the NON-formal evenings on the Holiday. Are there any restrictions? I know some of the resorts we have stayed at request no open-toed for men.

My husband will be wearing slacks or khakis and will sometimes wear nice sandals with them. Is this acceptable?

I wear my black dress shoes to dinner every night, I dont care for those open toe sandal shoes, to me thats beach wear and they would look better with shorts. I have seen those on the casual nights, so its acceptable.

Fred

Just wondering about footwear (for men) for the NON-formal evenings on the Holiday. Are there any restrictions? I know some of the resorts we have stayed at request no open-toed for men.

My husband will be wearing slacks or khakis and will sometimes wear nice sandals with them. Is this acceptable?

I hope so, because I have done it a few times...LOL:D

As long as he doesn't wear hose with his open toed sandals!

I wear my black dress shoes to dinner every night, I dont care for those open toe sandal shoes, to me thats beach wear and they would look better with shorts. I have seen those on the casual nights, so its acceptable.

Fred

You are thinking of mandals or Jerusalem cruisers. My husband would never wear his nice shoes on the beach.

GORDONCHICK: "Nice men's sandals are fine, and are especially appropriate with fabrics like linen. "

That's exactly what I was talking about--nice leather sandals with pants of lightweight fabric! Obviously he can't wear black dress shoes with nice linen slacks, so I was just wondering what was acceptable.

BlueHerons--I will try to keep my DH out of the pantyhose.:)

Archived