8/6 Mariner Review

das8929

I had a great time aboard the Mariner from 8/6-8/13. Probably one of the most exciting vacations of my life. It's a beautiful ship and looks brand new.

Boarding was really easy, I got on with my friends around 3. The muster drill wasn't bad at all, as the stations were in the dining room for some reason. It sure beats my last cruise where we had to stand out in the sun. I went down to get pizza after that and I was very unimpressed. I can honestly get better pizza at a county fair. Dinner was also unexceptional; I didn't find the prime rib good at all. Our waiters were very good and eventually called me by my name later.

Dinner was far better the next 5 nights, and the last night I ate at Chops and ordered the 10 oz filet mignon which was exceptional.

The teen activities on board the ship were excellent, and my group of friends never ran out of things to do. I was a little dissapointed that Fuel(the dance club) closed at around 2.

Our room attendant was ok. However, I thought he was somewhat rude. He always would attempt to rush us out of the room in the morning and people told me that he talked about us behind our backs. We tipped accordingly.

The Windjammer food was ok, but definitely not something to look forward to. I thought lunch in the dining room was much better.

The ports of call were excellent. I went on the Bacardi rum tour in San Juan, a beach day in Megan's Bay in St.Thomas, and rented segway scooters in St.Maarten. St Maarten was probably my favorite. It was very scenic.

The ship was very beautiful. I could not find one single flaw with the design. It never seemed overly crowded, either.

We were able to get off the ship at around 8:30. The line to get out and the baggage took an excessively long time though.

Overrall though, I think this was the best cruise ship I have been on, and I will likely be travelling with Royal Caribbean on future cruises.

das,

Glad you liked the Mariner. We were on here in April for the first time and loved her. Welcome to RCCL! Sorry you had a bad room attendant experience. Was the room clean? Ours was always cleaned in a timely manner and done well. I didn't like that we had to ask for things and that the attendant didn't use our names as previous attendants had. But, these are small things and it was also our best cruise ever. Again, welcome to RCCL!

Thanks for your review. We sail the Mariner Nov 12th and can't wait. It is great that they substituted San Juan due to the rough seas.

What stateroom did you have? We are getting our first balcony (8588) this time so we are extra excited.

whitsmom

Archived