Airport close to Port Canaveral

We just went out of port canaveral and flew into the Orlando airport...super easy drive..pretty much one road for about 45 minutes...will do again next summer for our Mariner cruise since it was so easy.

Check Sanford and Daytona as well. Depending on where you are flying from, there may be good deals. Sanford is a northern "suburb" of Orlando. Daytona is about 1 hour north. Melbourne is 30 minutes south. I know that Delta flies direct from Washington to Melbourne. Your best bet is probably going to be Orlando, however.

Try and check what rates you get get on Southwest from BWI to MCO in Orlando.

I know my folks in Daytona get pretty cheap rates back and forth from MCO to BWI to visit my Sister up in Rockville.

Daytona is an extremely small airport with very few airlines and flights per day.

Only once have I seen somebody get a better rate into Daytona than MCO or Sanford.

Good luck.

Bill

My dad lived in Vero Beach - just south of Melbourne. The previous posters are correct - the Melbourne airport is a joy to use. However, because of prices constraints, most of the time I flew into Orlando. It is an easy hop over to Port Canaveral from Orlando.

The cheapest thing to do is fly Southwest into Orlando from Baltimore. If you are in the Washington metro area, it might be easier to go out of Dulles. Southwest now flies out of Dulles (Washington) as well as Baltimore.

Yours,

JC

I am from Baltimore. I always fly into MCO. I use either Southwest or Airtran. Got my airfare for 8/30 cruise and 10/30 cruise for $59 each way $138.00 total round trip. I am flying in day before cruise and staying near airport and taking shuttle from hotel to cruise port and cruise port to MCO for $35 round trip (one person).

Archived