Who makes an underwater disposable camera with a FLASH???

I am going to take the Belize Cave Tubing excursion and they recommend you use a camera with a flash while inside the caves.

Does anyone know if they make disposable underwater camera with a flash??? If so, who and where can you buy them?

I haven't found a disposable underwater camera with a flash on it. I believe they don't make them in disposable and if you want flash you'll have to use either a disposable regular camera (which isn't a good idea while cave tubing!) or buy a regular camera that can be used in water with a flash.

We did the cave tubing in Belize in March and the pics came out great outside but none of them came out in the caves due to no flash! Kinda sucked but we figured they wouldn't come out anyways.

You'll love the cave tubing! FUN

We bought two "disposables" with self-contained flash in May at Hanauma Bay, on Oahu. I think they're made by Fuji. The quotatioin marks are because the camera is really inside a cheap, plastic housing that's supposed to be reuseable. (I think not). They should be better for your cave tubing than they were for shooting underwater. With the little strobe so close to the lens, any sediment in the water at all resulted in horrid backscatter. For the cave, though, it should work fine, unless the flash is too weak. Anyway, have a great tubing adventure, and I hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

I know these posts are from forever ago and maybe somewhere this topic was already covered but if you take those pictures you took in the "dark" in the cave and open them up in photoshop then adjust auto levels it might show up. We do this with several of our pics that we can't take with flash (museums and such) and they turn out beautiful!

Beth

Archived