Freshwater or Saltwater Pools?

leonardjan

Hi,

We've been on Carnival and RCI and they had salt water pool. Disney had freshwater and I hear Princess has freshwater. My kids don't really like swimming in the salt water pools. Does anyone know if Mercury or other Celebrity cruise ships have freshwater or salt water?

Also, are pools available first day?

J Lo

Hi,

We've been on Carnival and RCI and they had salt water pool. Disney had freshwater and I hear Princess has freshwater. My kids don't really like swimming in the salt water pools. Does anyone know if Mercury or other Celebrity cruise ships have freshwater or salt water?

J Lo

All swimming pools in Celebrity's entire fleet use salt water.

Hi,

J Lo

What do your kids do when they get off the ship and go to the beach? Give me salt water pools over heavily chlorinated fresh water pools anyday.:) Pack your bathing suits in your carryon and you can use the pools shortly after you board.

salt water pools ? that's sooooo great !!! my skin hates chemicals - I love swimming but usually I avoid pools because I have to swim quick , get out , and run to the shower - kind of takes all the fun out of it - this is fantastic news !!!!!!! thanks !!

Salt water on the ships are not completely chlorine free, they still need to add it.

Also fresh water pools are different, on HAL they were dirty (oily) quickly, while on Princess they stayed clean and nice.. although on Princess were about 6-7 pools so usage was quite different.

Salt water on the ships are not completely chlorine free, they still need to add it.

Also fresh water pools are different, on HAL they were dirty (oily) quickly, while on Princess they stayed clean and nice.. although on Princess were about 6-7 pools so usage was quite different.

While they may add some chlorine to a salt water pool (I'll take your word for it that they do), the chlorine odor is not as pervasive as it often is in fresh water pools. In a hotel with an indoor pool, I can find my way to it blindfolded because of the strong chlorine odor. :( The chlorine can also do a number on the colors of your swim suit.:mad:

negc--Your comment about chlorine's affect on swimsuit is correct. BUT there is a company that sells chlorine resistant suits that really live up to their promises. I take water aerobics and the instructors all order their suits from H2O. There is a website (h2o.com) and I ordered from there. The suits are somewhat more expensive, but don't need to be replaced often like normal suits do for people who swim a lot.

Just thought you and other frequent swimmers might be interested.

Archived