Lower Decks

I have a question about the inside rooms on the lower decks (mainly 2-4). How is the noise level for the lower decks, and how easy is it to move around if you have a Senior Citizen who uses a walker.

I am looking at either the Jewel or Mariner for next year

thanks

mtebor,

we have been on deck 3- Radiance and found that it had ample space but not sure how it would be with a walker. Maybe let your TA know and see if you can get a room for disabled person cause they are huge in comparison. There was no noise on the Radiance but we had deck two on Voyager and got all the noise from below. Hope this helps!

that helps alot....I am looking at cruising dec 2005 and found pricing for 7 days at $499 pp. but is located on deck 2.

I am not sure what the possibility is of an upgrade if I book this early. Currently I am in the planning stage of this trip and I am trying to keep cost down. Last cruise was on 'Brilliance' with balcony (very nice) but would like to cruise a little more often.

I'd try for the handicapped room or book a room by the elevator. Being on a lower deck shouldn't be a problem as long as they're near an elevator near the middle of the floor.

I'm not sure if you're thinking of booking a guarantee to try for the upgrade, but I would recommend against that because you could get a room at the far front or far back which would mean a lot of walking.

I would also request that they enter a comment into your reservation that the person uses a walker.

The price you quoted is great! We pay twice that for an inside in the peak summer season.

Archived