A Few Questions About The Crown

bardzie

My family are sailing on the crown 9/10/06 and this is our first cruise. We have a couple of questions.

1) Are there any public restrooms on all levels or do we need to go back to the cabin?

2) If we chose to eat at a fee based resturant is it all you can eat like in the dining rooms?

3) We have a 19 month old traveling with us. We understand the Kids program is unavailable due to age but is there any play area my child can use?

4) We are not big drinkers but are courious how much the sodas are? it is fountain or can?

5) Does anyone have a copy of the room service menu? We are on deck 4.

6) Who can we contact to request a fridge in the cabin for her milk and my mom's medicine?

7) Any tips on what to bring for our child since we will have to provide "entertainment"?

8) Given the cloness of the sailing date what is the chance we may get an upsell to a mini-suite or suite? Not sure if we can afford it but with a 19 month old it may be worth the money.

9) Do the cabins on the fourth desk have just a shower or a tub also?

10) Do the shops have baby supplies (diapers/wipes/creams/baby food)? Or should we pack enough for the whole cruise with us?

11) Last one, is there any place to sterilize the bottles? In some hotels we used the coffee maker to boil the water and there wash the bottles with it but this is a lot of work.

I appreciate any help and my family is looking forward to the cruise. It will be an experience for us all.

We were just on the Crown. I can answer some of your questions. There were definitely public restrooms on Decks 6, 7, and 8. Not sure about any of the other decks. I did notice on the Daily one day that there was a time where children 2 and younger could be brought for family play time. Not sure if it happened every day or not. I did not notice baby items in the store, but you could probably get them in Bermuda if you ran out of something. Sorry, can help you on any of your other questions.

1) All ships have public restrooms in public areas - ie near the pools, theater, dining areas, etc.

2) I believe this was answered in another thread - that if you want another entree or are paying extra beyond the surcharge (for surf n turf for example) you must pay extra, but everything else (side dishes, desserts, etc) is all you can eat

3) I have heard the same about the kid's area being open certain hours for the under 2 set with parents' supervision

5) Don't know about what's on the room service menu but all decks should have the same menu (except the owner's suites might get more choices). Generally it is sandwiches, pizza, cheese plate - easy deli-type stuff.

7) Check out the "family cruising" section of the threads for lots of tips

9) Shower

10) Pack 150% of what you'll need

11) If your child is 19 months old you don't have to sterilize bottles anymore unless he/she has an immunity problem. If so, check with the steward for special requests.

Archived