Venice - Carnival shuttle - warning

Unbelieveable or.... not...it does tend to get pushy in Europe herd mentality or not in play.First the airports/flying and them something like this:eek: Phooey.I hope your post is helpful to a lot of cruisers.

That's really bad. Our Brilliance cruise in Venice provided a water taxi all day long.

We opted to walk over to Roma Square and bought a 24 hour vapretto pass. Cost about 10 Euros for the entire 24 hours (we were in Venice overnight).

HOWEVER, the walk through the parking area to get to the Roma stop closes at 3 PM, so if you don't come back to the ship by then, you have a very long walk around to the port entrance. Purchasing a ship's water taxi ride back would be better if you'll be later than 3 PM.

Buses back to the ship is a very roundabout way of getting there. Maybe the Liberty was docked in a different area of Venice.

Peggy, I'm glad to hear that. I hate being a part of a pushy crowd like the one described in this thread. That is just awful!

We plan to buy the Vaporetta pass so thank you for the advice on the 3pm closure of the lot.

Archived