Whoo-Hoo I'm done packing

pampaul

What a relief that task is!!!! We're leaving Saturday and I wanted to get as much packing as I could get done today, and I believe I've done it. I will just have the very last minute things to pack on Friday or early Saturday morning (sunglasses, money, passports, tickets, razor, aftershave---that sort of stuff) We are a family of four (2 adults and 2 boys 9 &11) and I ended up with 3 suitcases, a garment bag, a small bag with all the toiletries and a carry on. Do you think this is too much, too little or just right? It's all of our everyday clothes, beach clothes, dinner clothes, shoes...etc. I'm just glad it's all done. Now tomorrow I have a work meeting and then Friday I can clean all day to make sure everything is in tip top shape when we return the following Saturday. So excited!!! :D

What a relief that task is!!!! We're leaving Saturday and I wanted to get as much packing as I could get done today, and I believe I've done it. I will just have the very last minute things to pack on Friday or early Saturday morning (sunglasses, money, passports, tickets, razor, aftershave---that sort of stuff) We are a family of four (2 adults and 2 boys 9 &11) and I ended up with 3 suitcases, a garment bag, a small bag with all the toiletries and a carry on. Do you think this is too much, too little or just right? It's all of our everyday clothes, beach clothes, dinner clothes, shoes...etc. I'm just glad it's all done. Now tomorrow I have a work meeting and then Friday I can clean all day to make sure everything is in tip top shape when we return the following Saturday. So excited!!! :D

Do you have everything in the carry on bag that you will need for the first 4-6 hours of the cruise....until your luggage gets delivered to the cabin?

Bon voyage and have a great cruise!

Our rule... now unpack, take half out and repack. Then, you're good to go. Seriously!!! We just returned from a 13 day vacation and our family of 4 packed in 4 carryon suitcases and one smaller backpack and we still came home with a few items not worn.

Have a great time!

What a relief that task is!!!! We're leaving Saturday and I wanted to get as much packing as I could get done today, and I believe I've done it. ..................

So you have your industrial size duct tape, 5 power strips,18 bungee cords, rope strong enough to hold an elephant, insect,shark,bird, people repellant sprays, an extra 75 hangers, a truss, a trapeze, family medical histories, a collapsible cooler, 5 or 6 magnums of wine, assorted bandages and bandaids, medicines for upset stomach, sea sickness, head aches,rocky mountain spotted fever and water purifier jugs and tablets, 5 different type cameras, lotions,potions,oils and sprays, the portable generator Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the battery operated candles packed already??????? <VEG>;) ;) :D :D ;)

Our rule... now unpack, take half out and repack. Then, you're good to go. ..........Have a great time!

Now if I followed that rule I'd wake up on day 5 of my 11 day cruise with no clean socks or underwear..and the people sitting next to me on day 8 would NOT like the breezes blowing in their direction.LOL:p

So you have your industrial size duct tape, 5 power strips,18 bungee cords, rope strong enough to hold an elephant, insect,shark,bird, people repellant sprays, an extra 75 hangers, a truss, a trapeze, family medical histories, a collapsible cooler, 5 or 6 magnums of wine, assorted bandages and bandaids, medicines for upset stomach, sea sickness, head aches,rocky mountain spotted fever and water purifier jugs and tablets, 5 different type cameras, lotions,potions,oils and sprays, the portable generator Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the battery operated candles packed already??????? <VEG>;) ;) :D :D ;)

OMG too funny! If my daughter was here, she would tell you that's how I pack. They laugh at me with all the things I bring "just incase". Hey, you never know...lol. Anyway, I had a good laugh. Thanks!

I am going VERY minimal on my carry on. It's going to be a small backpack. And in it I'm only bringing my cameras and travel paperwork and money.

I'm not going to worry about the luggage not coming until later on. We've never cruised before so we'll just be walking around checking things out and getting something to eat (more than likely not in a restaurant either) probably a buffet or something, so I'm not worried about the clothes.

And I'm not flying, so I don't have to worry about the liquid stuff (or does this apply to cruising also)?

I am going VERY minimal on my carry on. It's going to be a small backpack. And in it I'm only bringing my cameras and travel paperwork and money.

I'm not going to worry about the luggage not coming until later on. We've never cruised before so we'll just be walking around checking things out and getting something to eat (more than likely not in a restaurant either) probably a buffet or something, so I'm not worried about the clothes.

And I'm not flying, so I don't have to worry about the liquid stuff (or does this apply to cruising also)?

I would try a restaurant for lunch when you get on the ship. It will be far less crowded than the buffet and will give you time to look over the Freestyle daily and check out the activities for the day. Dress code is relaxed during the day, so you can wear what ever you are wearing....

Luggage may not arrive until after dinner the first evening, so the dress code really isn't enforced the first night.

We've heard the Venetian would be nice for lunch. We'll probably do that and maybe a buffet or burgers at night. We'll see. We're not much for making a bunch of plans. Kind of do what strikes our fancy. I will also have my journal on my carry on, so maybe if we take a sit down break throughout the day, I'll start writing in it.

This is too funny. But you forgot one thing... the BLENDER.

Now if I followed that rule I'd wake up on day 5 of my 11 day cruise with no clean socks or underwear..and the people sitting next to me on day 8 would NOT like the breezes blowing in their direction.LOL:p

I just realized you are from Morristown. That is one of my all time favorite cities of the U.S. Love it there.

O.K. now back to the socks and underwear thing. We do pack enough for the number of days. However, it's the clothes and shoe thing that we always use to over pack. Got tired of hauling all that stuff and find we can go with a lot less. Now, if your my FIL, he'll hand wash the undergarments if there's no laundry facilities. That is just pure disgusting to me. But then, we all have our limits.

You're packed already!!??

I wouldn't even start until Friday night; I tried packing several days before leaving but I'd always end up unpacking as I couldn't remember if I already packed "x y z" - so now I just wait until the last night to pack. But then I have just me to pack for.

We've heard the Venetian would be nice for lunch. We'll probably do that and maybe a buffet or burgers at night. We'll see. We're not much for making a bunch of plans. Kind of do what strikes our fancy. I will also have my journal on my carry on, so maybe if we take a sit down break throughout the day, I'll start writing in it.

Wow, you're gonna love your cruise and NCL!!! I see people on this board planning and micromanaging sometimes to within minutes of the day, you're my kind of cruisers, go with the flow vacationers.

Have a wonderful trip!

This is just too funny. I am leaving on Sunday and haven't start packing yet. I have been on the cruise once and packed way too much last time. This time the suit case will be much lighter.

Archived