Celebrity Constellation 1-8-2007....

HspncElvis

I'll be cruising into ports, Cayman Island, Aruba, Panama, Costa Rica, and Cozumel. Is it worth it to exchange currency while in port, or should I plan on using american currency for dining and shopping? Do these ports list pricing both american and local currency?

Glen and Wendy

I'll be cruising into ports, Cayman Island, Aruba, Panama, Costa Rica, and Cozumel. Is it worth it to exchange currency while in port, or should I plan on using american currency for dining and shopping? Do these ports list pricing both american and local currency?

Glen and Wendy

I've been to all of those places except Costa Rica. You should have no problem using dollars, travellers checks and/or credit card. Most of the places will tell price in dollars and also give change back. Since you are only in the port for a day, personally I would bother to exchange curency.

I agree. From what I've read on the destinations boards it doesn't seem worth it to exchange your money. Some have even said that (in costa rica & panama) your cruise purser may not be able to change any left over money back to U.S. dollars. I usually just carry cash and do the calculations for the current exchange rate in my head . . . I'm a geek i know:p

By the way have you joined our roll call?

I agree. From what I've read on the destinations boards it doesn't seem worth it to exchange your money. Some have even said that (in costa rica & panama) your cruise purser may not be able to change any left over money back to U.S. dollars. I usually just carry cash and do the calculations for the current exchange rate in my head . . . I'm a geek i know:p

By the way have you joined our roll call?

Hello

I believe we have joined roll call. I entered a responce for Celebrity Constellation. This is our first cruise and are new to this.

Thanks for the info.

Glen and Wendy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived