Is there a 'typical' age for a cruiser on NCL?

gsocruisers

First off this is not meant to be offensive to anyone. I have heard that NCL has more elderly passengers than some other cruise lines.

I realize I'm probably going to get a mix of responses but thought I'd ask anyway

Thanks

When we sailed on the Dream of Nov 04, I kidded my wife that we had taken the geriatric cruise. Really a lot depends on the time of the year and the length of the cruise. During the summer, more kids. Shorter cruise, you will find younger people who can not afford to be away from work for a long period of time.

Dave

yes NCL was a very mixed crowd, from 0-60,, it was nice that way .

we have been on celebrity, no offense to any celebrity cruiser.

but zzzzzzzzzzz boring, the ship was asleep at 8pm,, it was crazy

and i also agree with someone post above about what time of year you go etc....

but we enjoyed NCL and we are in our late 20's , we had a blast

I agree with the above - on ANY cruiseline it can vary based on the time of year, length of cruise, and itinerary. For example: tablemates on Celebrity told us to try Holland America if we didn't mind lots of wheelchairs. We tried HAL and didn't see what they were talking about - on either HAL cruise. It all depends on time, length, location. Every time a ship has a new embarkation, it is a totally different mix of passengers. (Think of the large groups that cruise as well.)

Another consideration: minimum booking age. I'm a teacher so my vacation times are dictated by the school district. We cruised this Spring Break and I didn't want to be around a lot of partying Spring Breakers (wanted a relaxing cruise since I was pregnant), so we made sure to choose a cruiseline with a minimum booking age of 25 versus the typical 21. We could not tell it was Spring Break at all when onboard.

Our NCL experiences have varied as well - Spring Break 2003 was about half Spring Breakers from college but Alaska last summer was not. Time, length, location. :)

Our 3 cruises (all NCL) have varied quite widely in their demographics. It seems to be dependent on where you're sailing, the time of year, and the cost of the cruise. For our 2 Texarribean cruises, the average age on the one in January was probably mid 50's The one in May was younger -- more college age and young professional couples. It was a couple of weeks after the colleges here got out of their spring semester, and I think lots of college students were taking advantage of the cheap Texarribean fares. Our trip to Alaska had more people over 65, but we'd heard that was common for Alaska.

Like someone else mentioned, the passenger mix can vary widely from week to week. We've noticed that there is a nice mix, from babies to senior citizens, on all 3 cruises.

Archived