Cruising on Saturday!

eggeeb

I just started reading CC and can't find anyone who just came back from cruising on the NOS. Anyone have any info, good, bad or indifferent about this ship? Been on many other cruise lines but first time on RCCL. Leaving for western caribbean this Saturday and will welcome any helpful tips.

Forgive my ignorance but are we not allowed to bring an iron onboard? Hope to hear from informed readers.:D

I just started reading CC and can't find anyone who just came back from cruising on the NOS. Anyone have any info, good, bad or indifferent about this ship? Been on many other cruise lines but first time on RCCL. Leaving for western caribbean this Saturday and will welcome any helpful tips.

Forgive my ignorance but are we not allowed to bring an iron onboard? Hope to hear from informed readers.:D

Hi and welcome to the boards.

Here is the link to your roll call where you can talk to the people who are on your specific sailing. You might check with them if they have a meet and mingle set up. The M & M is a party given by RCCL for the members of the Roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=274882

You are correct, NO irons are allowed, but travel steamers are. They also have dry cleaning service onboard that will press your clothes for 1/2 off the clean price.

Sue

we used the pressing service on our last cruise, so as to not bother with the steamer at all for the first time...it was great and well worth the whole $1.50 it cost to press....well worth it...costs me $4 here to just get something pressed. So DH was excited to be able to wear his linen slcaks twice on our last cruise since he was able to send off to be pressed.

Well definitely from here on out use the ships laundry service.

Have a great cruise! :)

Sue, thanks so much for your helpful response. What's the deal with the iron? If I try to bring one will it be confiscated? No harm in trying I guess. Anyway, more importantly, Saturday just can't come fast enough so who cares about the iron anyway!

Sue, thanks so much for your helpful response. What's the deal with the iron? If I try to bring one will it be confiscated? No harm in trying I guess. Anyway, more importantly, Saturday just can't come fast enough so who cares about the iron anyway!

Irons are considered a fire hazard. That is why RCI doesnt provide them.

It is a big safety issue and shouldn't try to smuggle it on, you are not only putting yourself in danger but all your fellow passengers.

Archived