Use Carnival Insurance or get it on your own?

GuitarPlayer

Booked for a March, 2007 7 Day, Western Caribbean on the Triumph through my Carnival PVP.

I'll no doubt get travel insurance (Had it in October out of FLL and Hurr. Wilma made sure I utilized it), but I was wondering, do you guys/gals get it directly from Carnival, or get it on your own somewhere else?

If somewhere else, where?, and what coverage should a person be sure the policy contains?

GP

My group of 19 family members sailed Aug. 6th on the Miracle and only my mother took out the CCL insurance. BOY am I glad she did.:) On Thursday just minutes before our sailing at 5pm she had to be evacuated to Belize Medical Hospital until Saturday. (yes it was us who caused the 15 minute delay). The Carnival medical staff, Purser, Port Agent were terriffic in scary time. Once we were settled into the hospital ON CALL International were our contacts every step of the way until we arrived home. You can imagine how greatful we are for everyone assistance. My mom is doing fine now and all I have left to do is file some paperwork. The insurance covers so much...us to $30K. On our next cruise you can bet a whole lot more of our group will be purchasing the insurance.

My group of 19 family members sailed Aug. 6th on the Miracle and only my mother took out the CCL insurance. BOY am I glad she did.:) On Thursday just minutes before our sailing at 5pm she had to be evacuated to Belize Medical Hospital until Saturday. (yes it was us who caused the 15 minute delay). The Carnival medical staff, Purser, Port Agent were terriffic in scary time. Once we were settled into the hospital ON CALL International were our contacts every step of the way until we arrived home. You can imagine how greatful we are for everyone assistance. My mom is doing fine now and all I have left to do is file some paperwork. The insurance covers so much...us to $30K. On our next cruise you can bet a whole lot more of our group will be purchasing the insurance.

You are a poster child for travel insurance. Everyone should read this on all posts. You have an interesting user name....my regular email address is flygirl1. Hmmmm...you with an airline? Never mind, guess we can't ask personal questions here.....

Archived