Gilligans Island?

KnuckleDragger

Ok, I know this is a lame question, but my 10 year old really wants to know...

Does Princess play reruns of Gilligan's Island? He first saw the show on our first cruise on another cruise line. It was one of his many favorite memories. Given that he is missing 3 days of school on our cruise, I think some homework may be in order instead of the tube.

I have never seen Gilligan's Island on any Princess ship. I have often thought that they should play the Love Boat reruns or any old, old movies instead of the more recent stuff they show. In sitcoms they play Friends and a couple of others. On our last cruise they also played "Numbers". On a cruise last year they played 2 episodes of CSI every night. We were probably the only 2 onboard that had honestly never seen a CSI and we became shamelessly hooked. They also show those AFI shows (100 best movies etc.). That's where I got the idea that they should just show old movies and forget the new stuff! ;)

I would be so happy if they did play Gilligan's Island. I LOVE THAT SHOW

and I'm old now.

No, they don't play it, but as another poster mentioned, they play the

above-mentioned shows as well as Everybody Loves Raymond.

They have the Cartoon channel, CNN, TBS and a couple others that I can't

remember right now.

Ok, I know this is a lame question, but my 10 year old really wants to know...

Does Princess play reruns of Gilligan's Island? He first saw the show on our first cruise on another cruise line. It was one of his many favorite memories. Given that he is missing 3 days of school on our cruise, I think some homework may be in order instead of the tube.

Not even The Love Boat.

Not sure it is entirely true, but we visited Fanning Island as part of a Hawaiian islands cruise a couple of years ago and were told this is where Gilligan's Island was filmed. Not sure it's true , but it did look like it!!

Not sure it is entirely true, but we visited Fanning Island as part of a Hawaiian islands cruise a couple of years ago and were told this is where Gilligan's Island was filmed. Not sure it's true , but it did look like it!!

The show was filmed on a lot in Studio City, but the island shown in the credits was in Kaneohe Bay, about a mile offshore from the island of Oahu, in Hawaii.

Source http://imdb.com/title/tt0057751/trivia

CNBC is one of the channels. Get your ten year old interested in following the stock market and may be he can earn enough to take the family on the next cruise. :D

Also, can you work in some activities that he could apply to his homework... Maybe an extra credit project or extended learning activity while you're cruising that he could turn in to his teacher?

:cool:

I thought my memory wasn't failing me - just partially. It wasn't the movie that was filmed on Kauai, it was the pilot of the series. It was filmed in an area called Moloaa Bay. I remembered it from a tour company called Movie Tours that shows sites where movies are made on Kauai. GREAT TRIP!

http://www.tvacres.com/islands_gilligans.htm

This beach area has many rental houses that are often rented by stars by the month.

http://kauaibeachhouserental.com/default.htm

Marlin

when we were on last time, it was on but very early in the morning (like 6am) on either TBS, Cartoon Network (or one of the other channels) lots of black/white, remember the Andy Griffen Show as well. No Love Boat.

CNBC is one of the channels. Get your ten year old interested in following the stock market and may be he can earn enough to take the family on the next cruise. :D

Also, can you work in some activities that he could apply to his homework... Maybe an extra credit project or extended learning activity while you're cruising that he could turn in to his teacher?

:cool:

Ha! He thinks he is going to make millions making video games!

Extra Credit? That would only add to the illusion that is anything other than a vacation.:)

Archived