how much on sail and sign card for alcohol?

turtle girl

The average mixed drink varies from $4 to $7 with some going as high as $11 for fancy special liquor. Beer is between $5 and $6. A glass of wine varies depending on the type of wine, but it's usually around $8 a glass. A bottle of swill will run you over $20 a bottle with some of the better wines in the $60 range. They have some wines and champagne that run over $300 a bottle. They do have a daily drink special, but usually for those foo foo drinks and those are usually $4.

Alcohol prices are usually about the same as the most expensive restaurant in town (assuming you don't live in NY or LA :rolleyes: ).

One of my friends has a drink a day & her bar tab was about $40 for the whole cruise. For two people mine has been over $1,000, but I love expensive wine & he liked top shelf martinis. It all depends.

The average mixed drink varies from $4 to $7 with some going as high as $11 for fancy special liquor. Beer is between $5 and $6. A glass of wine varies depending on the type of wine, but it's usually around $8 a glass. A bottle of swill will run you over $20 a bottle with some of the better wines in the $60 range. They have some wines and champagne that run over $300 a bottle. They do have a daily drink special, but usually for those foo foo drinks and those are usually $4.

I think this is a little high. Most beer runs $3.50 to $4.00. Drink of the day is some foo foo drink, and they are usually $3.50 also. Mixed foo foo drinks can run $4.50 to $8 with $6-7 being average. Wine can be had at $4.00 a glass. Bottem shelf though...

These prices at least on carnival and rci. Can't speak for others as I have not been on them.

:cool:

My husband and i just got off the Ecstasy Thursday. Everyday there is a drink of the day. It is around $11 for the first drink and if you keep the glass you can refill it with another for around $5. If you drink beer you can get a bucket of 4 for around $14. You have to remember there is a gratuity automatically added to your bill each time you order. THis makes the price of the drinks at least a couple of $ more.

On our first Mexican cruise, they made announcements that Corona was the featured beer of the cruise. It wasn’t until the third day that I discovered that the usual American swill was going for about a dollar less a bottle.

In addition, unless you say something, they will assume you want a medium sized drink.

For your first drink of the cruise, go to the bar yourself and just ask for the run down of what you usually order. They will be more than willing to give the info, better then than later when you’re upset.

On our first Mexican cruise, they made announcements that Corona was the featured beer of the cruise. It wasn’t until the third day that I discovered that the usual American swill was going for about a dollar less a bottle.

In addition, unless you say something, they will assume you want a medium sized drink.

For your first drink of the cruise, go to the bar yourself and just ask for the run down of what you usually order. They will be more than willing to give the info, better then than later when you’re upset.

What is amazing is that of all the beers produced through central america, it is Americans that drink Corona. It even far surpases most of the mass marketed American swill as you mentioned. It is amazing what marketing can do!:D

I was just trying to figure that out myself. The amount I came up with is $250 per person. My husband likes beer @$4.50, I like Foo Foo drinks @ around $6.75, so around 8 beers for DH a day and 5 Foo Foo drinks a day. Does that sound like a good plan or am I going to get thursty??:eek:

I was just trying to figure that out myself. The amount I came up with is $250 per person. My husband likes beer @$4.50, I like Foo Foo drinks @ around $6.75, so around 8 beers for DH a day and 5 Foo Foo drinks a day. Does that sound like a good plan or am I going to get thursty??:eek:

Sounds like a good plan to become a friend of Bill W's. ;)

Archived