Upgrade Choices

Neuroelf

I recently jumped at the chance to upgrade on the Westerdam (Alaska 8/27 out of Seattle). I paid $149 per person additional for our group of 7 to go from three VC deluxe Verandah cabins to 3 SS Superior Suite Cabins.

I had the other option of spending $358 per person to jump up to three VA/VB/or VC cabins, which I declined. Was I penny wise and pound foollish not to spend the extra $1463? My reasoning was that we would have plenty of room in 392 sq feet, so going to 528 sq feet would not have been worth it. The bigger cabin would also have included the Neptune lounge and laundry services, which I didn't feel we really needed on a 7 day cruise.

Did I miss anything?

Thanks!

I don't think I understand the question. If you were already in a VC, why would you pay more to move to VA, VB, or another VC?

I thought the SS were larger with more amenities. If you can go from VC to SS for $149pp, that sounds like a good deal to me. Paying over $300pp to stay in the same category doesn't.

I don't think I understand the question. If you were already in a VC, why would you pay more to move to VA, VB, or another VC?

I thought the SS were larger with more amenities. If you can go from VC to SS for $149pp, that sounds like a good deal to me. Paying over $300pp to stay in the same category doesn't.

I think he means the extra to go to SA, SB or SC suites.

Lloyd

I recently jumped at the chance to upgrade on the Westerdam (Alaska 8/27 out of Seattle). I paid $149 per person additional for our group of 7 to go from three VC deluxe Verandah cabins to 3 SS Superior Suite Cabins....

When and how was this offer presented to you? Did your TA call and pass on HAL's offer? Is your TA part of an agency that does a lot of HAL business?

(I like upgrade offers.)

Personally, $300+ pp is a super deal to go from a VC to an SA!

But then again, SS's are super-nice and if I were paying for 6 others with me, I'd be perfectly happy w/ only $150/pp extra for the SS.

;)

Thanks to all for responsing...Yes I did mean SA, SB,SC...Sorry...Its our first cruise...still learning the abbreviations...

I had sent an Email to our TA about a month ago inquiring about upgrades. She said the cruise was sold out and that it would be unlikely that I would be able to get an upgrade prior to boarding. She then called me last week with the above offers.

Archived