Taxi for 9 to Paradise Beach?

Texas Buddy

Cruising Elation on July 25th and, after reading all the reviews, have decided to go to Paradise Beach while there. Sounds great and hope to meet PB Tom! Sounds like a great guy!

My question is, there will be 9 of us ( 4 adults & 5 kids) travelling together. Do we take two taxis or do they have vans that will take all of us so we don't have to split up? If so, anybody know the costs for 9 of us in one taxi/van? Not used to taking taxis anywhere - much less Mexico. Anything special we need to know? Thanks for ANY info.

There were a bunch of taxi vans last week at Puerta Maya. My family of 5 took one...they charged us $15.00 - I spoke with other people who also took vans. Seems they charge $12 for the first 4, and the about $3 per person after that. Be careful though, as both my family and another had a cab driver who tried to up the price once we arrived! Our driver uped the price by only one dollar once we arrived...but another driver tried to get an extra 4 dollars from the other family. Settle on the price before you go and stick to it. Maybe someone from Cozumel can answer exactly how much you Should be paying extra per person......you'll love Paradise Beach!

Ask the price before you get in...our friends in a party of six got charged 26.00 there...they took two seperate taxis back and paid 3.00 a person=18.00. This is the only negative to taking a taxi- my driver both times quoted me 12.00 for 4 people so I gave them a tip for not having to haggle the price...also make sure you tell them to take you back to the dock and not just say shopping....they will take you all over town...

Biggest fear...waiting until the last possible time to go back to the ship and they jack the rate on you...you either pay or you stay....have fun...we had a blast!

Archived